The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

Beyer MC910 new music samples! Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 18th June 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
While they do sound great for the price, I must say I also have problems with the upper octave of these mics.
There is some strange modulation going on, clearly audible if you give an additional 3 dB highshelf EQ boost (done with a good mastering EQ that would not add this by itself).

At the very least these mics don't take EQ boosts very well.

But they do sound very convincing, probably even more so if you can avoid EQ, or can even get away with some high cut.

What was the preamp being used ?

If you want, listen this, voice with many peak. Are MC930. You can listen the problem ?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23290643/06%2006.wav (is a wave)
Old 15th October 2012
BRH
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empiria View Post
It is not easy to avoid that timbre in the highs when recording female choirs (or choirs with female voices). Usually it occurs when they sing high and loud. I had that troubles with various mics and preamps, specially on the clean side. I really don't know what it is about. Would wish to get some wisdom, but I don't think it's about a specific mics like Beyers. The best results with choirs I had using ribbon mics.

This is correct, it's the voice itself, not the mics. Have heard same distortion, took off headphones and went out and listened to the singer. The distortion was in her voice. Sounded just like it did on mic.
Ribbons work good. they are a little drier.
Some sopranos have greater control, and a smaller, centered voice records better.
Old 15th November 2012
Gear interested

New samples

Hi all,

it´s long ago I don´t contribute with new samples. Here you have.

Just one week ago I recorded this piece at a concert (choir were I sing).
The chain: Two Beyer MC910 2 Beyer MC910, ~10 m to DAV BG1 to Tascam DR-680.

Choir around the choir (U shape).

Hope you enjoy.
MP3 320
Attached Files

New sample.mp3 (7.52 MB, 1347 views)

Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lito View Post
The chain: Two Beyer MC910 2 Beyer MC910, ~10 m to DAV BG1 to Tascam DR-680.

Choir around the choir (U shape).
Great recording, but this above is not clear for me ???
Old 19th November 2012
Gear interested

Oh sorry, I made a mistake. Thanks for your question.
The correct chain was:
Two Beyer MC910, ~10 m to DAV BG1 to Tascam DR-680. Recorded 24/96
About the U shape, I meant that singers were around the mics in a U shape as seen on the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Beyer MC910 new music samples!-img_39248.jpg  
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear
Yes, it was what I was thinking.
And it's why the stereo image is a little too wide for me. Probably the distance between the mics could have been less.

Do you know this
Visualization of stereo microphone system AB Base 60 cm Time-of-Arrival Stereo spaced system - Stereo recording angle SRA time difference level difference orchestra angle degrees visualisator - sengpielaudio Sengpiel Berlin

The U disposition is not easy to translate in stereo. To obtain a more uniform stereo image, I think 25 cm could be ok.
Old 19th November 2012
Gear interested

Thanks for your comment mathieujm, I´ll read it carefully and take note of it.
Lito.
Old 19th November 2012
There are always strange effects in the stereo image if the the musicians are not all in front of the AB pair. Anything directly to the side will sound plastered to the left or right speakers. Not much can be done about it really.

Choirs are rather difficult because they do like to add drama to concerts by surrounding the audience and singing in difference places. A pitfall of having a completely mobile instrument.
Old 20th September 2017
Here for the gear

Hello! Here is an example of Beyerdynamic mc910 as the main pair of AB60, height 3.8 m. behind the conductor. Without frequency correction and without adding reverberation. This is an opera house for 1200 people, recording from a concert, so noisy. Orchestra seating is german, but the contrabass on the right.
Attached Files

Beyerdynamic mc 910 AB60_2.mp3 (5.25 MB, 657 views)

Beyerdynamic mc 910 AB60_1.mp3 (4.65 MB, 625 views)

Beyerdynamic mc 910 AB60_3.mp3 (9.61 MB, 622 views)

Old 21st September 2017
Gear Addict
Thank you for posting these clips, Hook of. Good performance, and the mics capture it well. Are we hearing any spot mics mixed in, or is this just the AB pair?
Old 21st September 2017
Here for the gear

Hello! It's AB without spots, but it looks like your ear is sharp JoeDeF)). Yes, behind the orchestra, before the chorus was a pair of NOS Oktava 012 cardioid, at a height of 3.5 m. Added a little, about -12 dB, to light up the chorus slightly, they also stressed the drums and copper (the back side). When there is no choir, you hear only Beyer. Composition in depth about 35 meters, uniformly such distance does not cover even mc 910, although I really love them.
Attached Thumbnails
Beyer MC910 new music samples!-malher.jpg  
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Hi, here are more examples of Beyerdynamic mc 910 as the main pair of AB 67. There is no frequency correction and reverb. Record from the concert. Tchaikovsky.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Strangely, but wav files are not attached, I had mp3 though it strongly eats violins and room.
Attached Files

Beyer 910 AB 60_1.mp3 (1.67 MB, 247 views)

Beyer 910 AB 60_2.mp3 (2.05 MB, 244 views)

Beyer 910 AB 60_3.mp3 (1.48 MB, 243 views)

Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
Hello Hook Of

Beautiful music, good sound.

I have a pair of MC930 and am considering buying MC910s.

What was your recording setup?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Hello fred_ersd, Thank you.

And I want to buy 930)).

Installation wide AB - 67 cm at a height of 3.6 meters and 2 meters behind the conductor (microphones slightly deployed and slightly down) + 2 outriger (oktava 012 omni) +10 spots (violini - 2x neumann km184, the rest - oktava 012 cardio).
80% sound from the main pair.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Listening to all 6 of these samples on a pair of Beyerdynamic 880 headphones, I'm really enjoying these recordings. The band sounds wonderful and your capture is great. I'm really surprised at the precision of the stereo imaging - I would have expected it to be more diffuse. Great bottom end response, too. What were you using in the past, and how were the Beyers an improvement?

Thanks for posting the clips!
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Hello rmaier, very glad that examples pleased you, thank you!

Mc 910 appeared for me by chance, I searched outrigers for the pair of km 184 (ortf), that they filled in the lack of LFS. For me were Octave of МК 012, but they under these requirements befitted not very. Initially I thought about km 183 but did not find them on sale, to test, but found the pair of mc910. I read good reviews about mc930 and agreed on the pair of days to take them on a test. They pleased me a high sensitiveness, complete bottom and middle, a hump in overhead part on a diagram in reality appeared not sharp, neat but adding a clarity, it comfortably taking into account that violins accept treatment of equalizer badly. A price was pleasant and I bought them. I plan to purchase schoeps mk2s, it will be very interesting to compare them.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search