The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
concert projection?
Old 23rd August 2005
Lives for gear

concert projection?

i realize this is an odd place for this question but i have no idea where to start. one of my friends band is starting to tour big and are wanting some projection stuff for their live playing. what kind of projectors do people usually use for this? certainly it projects to the back of a screen.. i dont see how u could do it from the front with all the people getting in the way. also does anyone know of specific programs designed for this? would u play movies through a laptop and project that? or is their any programs made that do abstract things to the music being fed into a sound card?? any help would be appreciated.
Old 23rd August 2005
Lives for gear

depending on the venue, you're going to need one of two things:
1) A setup consisting of a computer running something like Grid2, or an Edirol system into a couple HIGH POWERED projectors.
2) Extremely expensive and large LED screens like the pros use.

Or, they can just spraypaint the band's name on an old sheet and hang that behind them.
Old 23rd August 2005
Lives for gear

can u explain more about Grid2 and the eidoral system? what exactly do they do when u connect them to a projector. wouldnt it have to be a special projector so it could present a wide image at close range?
Old 23rd August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by imloggedin
can u explain more about Grid2 and the eidoral system? what exactly do they do when u connect them to a projector. wouldnt it have to be a special projector so it could present a wide image at close range?
http://www.vidvox.net/grid2.php
You'd need to hang projectors in the ceiling above the crowd - or do rear projection.

Edirol systems are crazy expensive compared to an iBook and Grid2.
Old 23rd August 2005
Lives for gear

or could u put a mic next to the hihat and play abstract videos to the beat of that? i found grid2. thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search