The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: ,

Alternative Shockmount for Neumann TLM103? Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd February 2009
kl5
Here for the gear

Problem we have with accessories for the big brand expensive bits of gear is they tend to have the big brand expensive price tag. Is a shockmount worth £200..........erm NO! is the answer to that one. Its a few bits of metal welded together with some elastic bands and some screw in parts and the Neumann mob must be laughing at the profit they make from these things.
I have an RME ff400 (1/2 rack size unit). I wanted to put it in my 19" rack which would have required me buying the extension lugs to do so. Turns out they cost £40.........so did I bother buying them?....did I hell because I knew I'd be getting totally ripped off if I did and I'm not about to let that happen. We're talking about 2 bits of metal bent at 90 degress with a couple of holes drilled in them.........so I made them myself at a cost of £5 and they do exactly what the £40 would do and don't look much different either.
Old 29th September 2012
Here for the gear
Solution to initial question is at this website. Rycote InVision™ Studio Kit

Apparently they make custom/adjustable shockmounts for any microphone. A universal shockmount (as they dub it)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search