The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , ,

Realistic Stereo Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Talking Realistic Stereo

This is a very realistic stereo recording I made today. I'm really happy with it. Listen to this clip on headphones for a very immersive experience yet it will translate well to speakers also maintaining a realistic stereo image.

Car.wav

Cheers,

bc
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

cool ill check it out...oh and by the way why georgia why is one of my fav songs from the from for sqaures album...maybe ill do a version of me sing too....i find your voice to be the chill relax type at first it was funny but cool....
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaellus View Post
cool ill check it out...oh and by the way why georgia why is one of my fav songs from the from for sqaures album...maybe ill do a version of me sing too....i find your voice to be the chill relax type at first it was funny but cool....
Yea, I was just having fun. It's more difficult then you might think to try and match the vibe of a vocal that has been mastered. Mastering effects the tone of everything including the vocals so it's tricky just laying down a raw track like that next to it and try and get it to sit somewhat.

I like to share audio, it gets so boring just typing and reading about it all day.
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

yea i know what you mean funny thing is ive tryed doing that alot for fun i sing or so i tihnk i can, and ive been told i can match alot of voices.... like james maynard keenan , david gilmore, roger daltry on some songs and john mayer on others as well....the only voice i have trouble with is billy corgans......hehehehe
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
yea i know what you mean funny thing is ive tryed doing that alot for fun i sing or so i tihnk i can, and ive been told i can match alot of voices.... like james maynard keenan , david gilmore, roger daltry on some songs and john mayer on others as well....the only voice i have trouble with is billy corgans......hehehehe

Having said that I absolutely love Siamese Dream and the song Tonight, Tonight is just so dreamy. Every voice is unique I suppose and as long as the singer stays in key and has decent timing I can groove with it if it's a good song.

Now check out this crazy hi-fi car sample!

Oh yea, some birds decided to show up for the outdoor recording as well.
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

bcgoodRealistic Stereo
This is a very realistic stereo recording I made today. I'm really happy with it. Listen to this clip on headphones for a very immersive experience yet it will translate well to speakers also maintaining a realistic stereo image.

Car.wav

Cheers,

bc

sounds great.... realistic i think not only if we could hear stuff like our ears do...but its good
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

sounds great.... realistic i think not only if we could hear stuff like our ears do...but its good
Thanks for checking it out. I love making these kinds of stereo recordings. It would be cool to multi-track an entire album with everything recorded stereo. I'm talking me being a one man band tracking everything in stereo like hi-hat, snare etc. No post eq or compression, just tons of clarity and depth.
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

thats alot of man power and man hours to get that right espeically when you invision in your head how you want it to sound....me i like my recordings to be somewhere between a Dream and Reality...then agian make crazy out there music. what mics you using? ive been toying around with my RCA Pre the thickes ****in pre ive heard.... thick like syrup..makes my SM58 sound like Gold!!! if i could more of them around ive only seen the one i have and ive said that about other stuf i have... pictures are a do i used it not long ago..where i brought out my passive filter to cut out the crud under 100hz on Vox accompanied with the RCA sounded nice. if i could find the seperate filters networks i could make one unit myself. wel it wont let me upload a pic of the fitler because its already up in the motown thread but oh well here is the RCA it aint one of the hailed pieces but it sure is sweet in unique sonic way
Attached Thumbnails
Realistic Stereo-samv-02.jpg  
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
what mics you using
The JM vocals where a 57, the car sample where a matched pair of omni's that are top secret at this time, (Signed non-disclosure statement...) They are freakin bad ass imho.

That pre looks PHAT! Is noise an issue with a pre like that when recording with a 58?

I would love to hear your take on the Why Georgia track with that pre and 58!
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

wow thats cool the recording did sound badass . the pre can be finicky sometimes because its old although when i got it it was very rusty and dusty so i cleaned here up and back to health.. sometimes its very clean and sometimes theres a bit of noise... to be honest its just as phat as the transformers in my 60's panasonic tape deck...thick...even 670 has to bow down...heh but i got her thru ebay picked it up at some rich kids house in santa monica....he didnt know how to get it to work... and he probably wanted the money for some green...just the impression that i got..so i scored for $100 bucks... i have an altec pre similar to it but i sitll have to hook that up and i got that for $60 bucks, i scored a orban deesser from ebay for $48 bucks that included shipping and is in perfect shape and straight from coast recorders in San fran and some White Eq's for about $70 a piece....their going to be my Q10's in analog form.. and the altec filter i got for$120 from a guy in burbanks..came from the first solid state modualr desk an altec 9200.. ive been trying to go more towards analog till i can get an all analog mix room and maybe a mastering room but i dont have that money yet..i give the whole deal about 5 years time...i should have enough quality gear to feel a whole wall full of crap.. but before i get off topic..im good at that.....ill will hopefully post tonight....in the long run the RCA Samv-02 pre is good enough to stack takes on for vibe, if youre thing is accurate and a low noise floor you might want to look somewhere else....tyou might hear a bit of noise at - 67db when soloed but when all together as one you wont be able to tell and to me it brings a 3demnsion to what ever goes thru it. all transistor.
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Very cool, off topic is ok in my book. I think you should just type and the conversation should flow naturally. We're creative types, (At least I'd say me & you are as well as some others on GS) and so free flow conversation is the way to go. It sounds like you've got some great deals. Also sounds like you are handy with the ole' soldering iron. It will be cool to hear your stab at it, good stuff! Just got back from a run, it is cold out there, (I waited too long it got dark and cold up here in Nor Cal).
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

its a little chilly here as well... rained a bit today....matter a fact i have a song idea that i wrote the other day all SM58 and RCA Pre it was a scratch so most of it is flat except for the guitars which i had to take the honk out of the acoustic guitar, still has some honk but like i said it was in a hurry and it was idea for the song that was lurking in my head...also the vocals are gibberish was just trying to humm and sing the rhythem as well...but JM vocals as well... with song and solod so you can hear the real deal...ill post my song idea as well..its me playin acoustic and singing some alt type thing...reverb is a sample IR of the 244 EMT Reverb one of my favorites along the 140..heh
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

I usually have a chord progression first then I start to get a vocal melody in my head and mumble lyrics. Once I have the basic melody for the vocals then I write lyrics. It's funny how the creative process is similar and yet different for many folks.

Again, I look forward to hearing your stuff, it's great to share your audio work. After singing on Brad's song, I have a new appreciation and respect for him. The song and the recording sounded real nice to me, I enjoyed it.
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

okie dokes here is me playing thru RCA Samv-02 Pre with SM58 Vox are Flat and LPF at 150hz with altec 9086 and guitar cut at 70hz to take some of the honk and - 4db at 300hz with q10 plug the acoustic was also a ways back because its a bit boomy even when micd from the side. keep in mind i did this in a rush because was an idea in my head all vocals are just humming and mumbles... all vocals and guitar tracked with SM58 ...reverb is IR Sample of 244 EMT Reverb. ill put up a better example later on with me using it on vocals on some songs but enjoy this for now.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
okie dokes here is me playing thru RCA Samv-02 Pre with SM58 Vox are Flat and LPF at 150hz with altec 9086 and guitar cut at 70hz to take some of the honk and - 4db at 300hz with q10 plug the acoustic was also a ways back because its a bit boomy even when micd from the side. keep in mind i did this in a rush because was an idea in my head all vocals are just humming and mumbles... all vocals and guitar tracked with SM58 ...reverb is IR Sample of 244 EMT Reverb. ill put up a better example later on with me using it on vocals on some songs but enjoy this for now.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
I like it, it sounds like a good idea. It needs some work but you already know that I'm sure. Very cool, the pre's sound nice and warm. There where for some reason some clicks and pops during the playback though, strange. I like the laid back vibe, almost a surfy vibe to me for some reason. I could chill at Manhattan Beach in So Cal to that, (My favorite beach down there).

At any rate, you'll have to post again if you finish it. That's the big kicker for me. I get ideas and I'll do little rough drafts but it's so hard sometimes to follow them through to completion. That's probably true for a lot of people.
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

glad you like the idea...its rough as a nail ideally id use a SDC on the acoustic guitar but for the sake of it i just used what was close a 58...never really record roughs and its always my fault because i forget the idea later on..DOH! but im going to record those tracks right now..thumbsup
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

I think it's a great idea, would like to hear it when you finish.

I need to start back again and get serious about recording my album. I've said I would and now I need to, well ya know, Just Do It.heh
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

yea these reocrding should sound alot better im going to do 2 songs from JM and 2 or 3 from PF just snippets... UNprocessed and processed Vocals
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

album eh? im a procrasinator.,..ive been working 9 years on mine...and the music is nothing like what you just heard...its very ethereal and scary ....people might think im pyscho when they hear my stuff...got refered to alot older pyschadelic pink floyd **** like saucersful of secrets until a couple of years ago i only knew brick in the wall by floyd and when i looked into what people were comparing it soon hit me it was the same....but my stuff was crappy recordings mostly cassete and digital transfers....some crazy editing some crazy effects.. ill let you know when i finish that song....and ill be working on them Jm voxs
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgood View Post
I have a better quality sample here: Virtual Barber.mp3

Be even more amazed!
yes this thing is crazy.... it's a software, I know for a fact they are working on a VST version
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

the files are almost ready and they sound great
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
the files are almost ready and they sound great
Cool!
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

they should be up in 30min to an hr...because i have to due stuff in between....by the COngrats president Obamathumbsupthumbsup
Old 5th November 2008
Lives for gear

im still busy but i thought id leave these pics of the equipment used as a treat while i get back to you in a shortwhile
Attached Thumbnails
Realistic Stereo-ff.jpg   Realistic Stereo-ffyy.jpg   Realistic Stereo-n-004.jpg  
Old 6th November 2008
Lives for gear

so i know i was supposed to post this yesterday then i had mixes to do...

BC the pops and clicks were supposbly coming from the filter...after these clips i post them i started hearing it to...it seems the sowter joint is a bit loose.giving it a loose connection sometimes when i have it connected...so ill be re sowtering it. on the 2nd clip comfoprtably numb theres a part were it modulates from me being to close...my bad..and i guess because the connection ont he filter is loose sometimes there is a part that goes out of phase.. just for a second but otherwise i havent had any problems before with clicks and pops and the rest i mentioned...and there little problems that can be sorted out easily. im uploading the content right now...and it will be up after my dinner. stay tuned
Old 6th November 2008
Old 6th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sweet, thanks for posting. I'll download it tonight when I get back from Dimple Records. Gonna buy me another one of those strange silver things called compact discs. Shelby Lynne - Just A Little Lovin' to be exact.

Old 6th November 2008
Lives for gear

Killer bro, you've got a good voice. Whoop yer ass, lol! I actually prefer the unprocessed on both takes. Great stuff man!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search