The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

Mult Box Set Up for Press Feed Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 29th September 2008
Gear interested

Question Mult Box Set Up for Press Feed

This is my first time using a mult box and I have to set up a p.a. system with a mult box for a press conference but can't seem to get any audio coming from the mult box. I'm using a Samson MPL 1204 mixer, Crown XTi amplifier, and a Rapco MDS 112 mult box. I've tried going out both the main output and the control room output on my mixer into the input of the mult box, but I get no audio from the mult box. I'm not sure if i'm connecting it right or if the input into the mult box has to be at a certain db but i'm not hearing anything from the mult box. Can someone please help?
Old 1st October 2008
Super Moderator

First of all, I trust you have confirmed that the mixer outputs work. Right?

Most passive press boxes like the Rapco MDS 112 have a line input and microphone level outputs.

When you checked the outputs did you patch them into a microphone input?
That mic level output is at (about) a 40dB loss in signal.
How did you test this set-up?
Old 1st October 2008
Lives for gear

Before you worry about the mix or quality of signal, you need to blow tone to the input and test every output with a Q-box. Actually, two Q-boxes is the easiest way to do this, but I also test press DA's with a Neutrik Minilyzer to check output voltage.

If you are sure you're using the correct input and testing a proper output, have you ensured the unit it properly powered? Have you checked the specs for the device to see what input level it's looking for and what output voltage it provides?

Good luck!
Old 1st October 2008
Super Moderator

JvB makes some good points. You must test everything for total factual performance.

From what I understand, that Radial press box is a passive device with line level input and 12 mic level outputs.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search