The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

You only have one choice....
Old 18th April 2012
urumita

Option C here, the 2 things work hand in hand. chicken egg. I've recorded abhoritions with the best gear. sometimes I've even rerecorded things my self (O/D) to fix the unfixable, I've cut, looped, pick ups, fly ins, tuned, comped (tape) and whatever is possible today and a good performance is always better.
Anyway, my gift is me and the people I'm able to work with. If I were to ask for a gift, it would be immortality, because I love life, even if it's tragic at times.
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

As someone who entered this market following a passion, and is, as I learn good and great technique, pushing a bit to make it a viable revenue-generating egg in my freelance basket... I'd go with "B"...

Learning a craft within the limitations of "real-world" economic constraints is something that seems to be being lost by post-millenial wannabes, who seem to think that the gear (sans a serious look at good, solid technique) is the game. That said, I have also striven to, when the time comes to buy, buy the very best solution to a particular problem that I can afford... investing, as it were, in my future craft and, thus, allowing the gear to never be an obstacle. I'm also big on buying once, by buying right.

One dilettante-cum-serious recordist's opinion.

HB
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

A

I've already got B

Old 19th April 2012
Super Moderator

Nope, you only have one choice I'm afraid;-)
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

That's why I picked A...
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

Even the "bad" gear today is good enough to make it, if one is talented, so B.

So many good choices that don't cost the world. And esoteric gear is anyway often a matter of taste, not being necessarily better always
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
i'll go with "A" and employ someone with more tallent to do the recordings
Dont even remember writing that

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search