The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tags: , ,

Korg MR-1000 Battery Power?
Old 24th April 2008
Gear Head

Question Korg MR-1000 Battery Power?

I'm wondering if anyone has experience using a battery-power device with the MR-1000 instead of regular batteries.
For example, the Delvcam NiMh Bat-Pack? Or Tekkeon myPower Battery Pack?

Lou
LMaudio
Old 27th April 2008
Lives for gear

http://www.batterygeek.net/Portable_...atterygeek.htm

I was pointed towards that battery for the Korg MR-1000. But have no idea IF/HOW it works. I guess I'm also in the market given that I do plan on running mine on battery power. Unless there's some sort of solar array I can acquire/use.

So far I'm impressed with mine. Not that low end USB interfaces bear any sane comparrison to the Korg MR-1000. But it appears to smoke even my Delta 44 in terms of converters. Except when using the RCA connectors. I've been playing some .wav files of old CDs I have from it. And WOW!!! Personally I thought the engineers didn't do that great of a job capturing that event. Which is part of the reason I got into the gear frenzy. But when played trough the Korg, I can almost forgive them.
Old 19th May 2008
Gear Head

I can now confirm that the Battery Geek model 10-14-88 powers the Korg MR-1000 for at least 2 hours of straight-through recording using phantom power on 2 mics. It comes with the proper connector ("P?") and an assortment of many others.

Lou
LMaudio
Old 19th May 2008
Lives for gear

I can confirm that 8x AA of Radio Shack HR6 1.2V 2100mAh Ni-MH batteries can power the unit for 2 hours and 43 minutes before termination. Fairly new, so that'll get worse with age I'm sure. But recording in stereo with phantom power on, at 24 bit and 96kHz. With a few stops and starts and I probably charged the batteries a week before I stress tested them. With headphone monitoring at 50% volume. Not sure if all that matters, but I'm sure it contributes to some precious minutes +/- at least in theory.
Old 19th May 2008
Lives for gear

48 AA batteries at Costco (made by Duracell and branded Costco) for $ 9.00

I just use those.
Unit kicks butt.
Old 19th May 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
48 AA batteries at Costco (made by Duracell and branded Costco) for $ 9.00

I just use those.
Unit kicks butt.
Boy, Plush, I really hope you recycle them at the end!

Old 23rd May 2008
Gear Nut

MR-1000 records an hour beyond red light

While doing a mic comparison recording of a choral rehearsal with my 2 Korg's, I let one continue on, logging elapsed time after green to red transition of battery indicator. To my surprise it went well beyond the hour, maybe and hour and 15 min. Also to my surprise the exhausted Duracells were quite hot, when I finally did change them.

Unfortunately, I didn't note which mics were attached to that unit, either TLM103 pair or MKH8040 pair.

FWIW,
Rick Z
Old 9th January 2009
Lives for gear

Has anyone used the Korg MR-1000 with these new-ish Lithium AA's required by some cameras / camcorders? They boast 8x's normal AA's on the box. Could / Should I power my Korg with them? Can I get a solid 4 hours doing so? The best to date was about 2 hours 51 minutes on NiMH batteries. Obviously changing religiously every two hours for anything that matters. But if I could get 4 hours on Lithium power, it could solve some logistics for me. Although I'll still run on rechargeable NiMH batteries most of the time.
Old 9th January 2009
Lives for gear

Love our planet, use rechargeable batteries!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search