The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , ,

Best Live Show You've Ever Witnessed? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktadoussac View Post
Thank the Lord above, Wyllys, someone has got it, the idea that an acoustic guitar sounds better completely unplugged, and a strolling musician -- say a dude with a guitar sounds much better when he's actually singing, not vocalizing into a mic. Yes!
You guys gotta go see KHUDA live, if you get the chance.

Just one guitar (tones of pedals) and a set of drumms.

Amazing duo!
Old 30th November 2013
Gear Maniac

The first, second, third and fourth time I saw the Fiery Furnaces play at NorthSix in Brooklyn, better part of ten years ago. I had heard them, but I literally didn't expect them to attempt to stand on a stage and play what was on their albums.
Old 2nd December 2013
Lives for gear

70s: Some Weather Report and various Jan Garbarek quartets (eg with Bill Frisell), Miles Davis electric band w/Jarrett, (1971), Zappa (1973), Ali Akbar Khan (sarod) in 78 or 79
80s: Peter Gabriel "So" tour, Keith Jarrett solo in New York and Copenhagen
90s: Massive Attack (1996), Portishead and Bjørk (1998), Transglobal Underground, Fläskkvartetten
00s: A couple of great Jon Hassell concerts.

Unfortunately, old favourites like Kate Bush and Astrud Gilberto pretty much never plays live. And Bach is still dead. Beatles is gone. But in the future, I'd like to hear Nithin Sawnhey, Sigur Ros, Hélène Grimaud, Simon Dinnerstein, Sakamoto, Joni Mitchell and more...

No DAW, plugins or updates needed:

:-)

Why is it that we seem to have a lower 'great song density' now when we all have all these great tools?
Old 2nd December 2013
Pacific Symphony
Carl St. Clair

Brahms: Symphony No. 4

One word that can describe the concert: WOW!

u47u67u87

EDIT:
+1 For Hamburg Philharmonic and Wagner
Old 3rd December 2014
All concerts are different for me so I need to categorize them;

Best Sound: The Who - September 29th, 1982

Best Light Show: Blue Oyster Cult - Halloween 1976 w/Incredible Laser Show

Best Time: Black Sabbath w/special guest Kansas - December 5th, 1975 - The entire night was a multicolor cartoon thanks to a giant dose of purple microdot

Worst Time: Tie - Rolling Stones - November 24th 1981 and Led Zeppelin April 17th 1977 - Poor sound quality and pre-show hype made these a real disappointment. Jimmy Page was definitely having an "off-night". During part of the first song, his guitar cord wasn't even plugged in

Here's a concert stories/tickets webpage of all the shows I've attended; Concert Stories

Attached Thumbnails
Best Live Show You've Ever Witnessed?-boc_poster.jpg  
Old 5th December 2014
Gear Head
I've been to a fair amount. Foo Fighters were ****ING AMAZING. played for over 3 hours. On the other hand, I saw thirty seconds to mars at club zoo in pittsburgh and he is one of the BEST frontmen Ive ever seen. Switchfoot at the cannery ballroom after driving and staying up all night. All phenomenal! Biggest let down? Eric Clapton. He hardly talked and the show was very boring :/
Old 5th December 2014
Deleted User
Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" tour, June, 1973
Considering the technology that they were forced to use back then, it's a miracle that they could tour all over the States ....RELIABLY.
Yes' "Topographic Oceans" tour, Tampa Stadium 1974
You just had to be there. Roy Clair was certainly hitting his stride. And that stage design...

More recently, for a simple performance, Tommy Emmanuel...All talent, no fluff.
Steely Dan at he St Augustine Amphitheater, 2013
Whoa, mama!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search