The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tags: , , , ,

Post pictures of your portable recording equipment
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
This is what I'm doing right now, trying to cobble together a rig that will record at least 8 channels at the same time in my hotel room, at the last minute. We're actually at a Jazz festival and I got a call from the artist...get your recording gear ready because there are a couple, or three people who would like to feature on the new album, mostly vocals and acoustic guitars.

Its a little messy at the moment, but I'm making sure everything works, checking acoustics, waiting for mic stands and making space in the room...it will be tidy by the time they arrive, or not. I really have no idea what's supposed to happen and how it will work, I know that because of the names mentioned there will probably be a lot of people, so I'm just playing things by ear.
Lewitt microphones for vocals, you like it?

Are you still in the ADT land?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
Like it

But must be very heavy to cart in and out of a vehicle and up and down steps at the venue?
Hello John,

Thanks for your post.

In fact yes and no...

I have 2 flight cases and a backpack.

In the backpack, 2 computers.

In the "régie" flight case 3 interfaces:
1 Madiface XT,
1 Madiface Pro
1 UFX

1 22" screen

The microphones in a 6U drawer (with lock)

In the other flight case, the "stage" one, microphone stands and all the stuff, audio cables, Madi cables, Madi preamps, APC, tools, etc.

On location: one flight goes close to the stage and the other one in the control room, or backstage, or where I'll be...

2 MADI interfaces and 2 computers for redundancy.

1 UFX in case... I have a problem and need to go the old way, I have a 20in / 30 meter snake in my little van and the Toslink and wordclock cables to set up a 20 in system with 2 of the RME Octamic XTC.. but this is the last step before I stop everything and go to a bar!

This saves me a lot of time when I set up and gives me enough safety for my clients.

Salutations de Bern,

Fred.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-regie-mobile-4.jpg   Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-regie-mobile-5.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2bern View Post
Hello John,

Thanks for your post.

In fact yes and no...

I have 2 flight cases and a backpack.

In the backpack, 2 computers.

In the "régie" flight case 3 interfaces:
1 Madiface XT,
1 Madiface Pro
1 UFX

1 22" screen

The microphones in a 6U drawer (with lock)

In the other flight case, the "stage" one, microphone stands and all the stuff, audio cables, Madi cables, Madi preamps, APC, tools, etc.

On location: one flight goes close to the stage and the other one in the control room, or backstage, or where I'll be...

2 MADI interfaces and 2 computers for redundancy.

1 UFX in case... I have a problem and need to go the old way, I have a 20in / 30 meter snake in my little van and the Toslink and wordclock cables to set up a 20 in system with 2 of the RME Octamic XTC.. but this is the last step before I stop everything and go to a bar!

This saves me a lot of time when I set up and gives me enough safety for my clients.

Salutations de Bern,

Fred.
Looks really good

Though, in the UK, I often have flights of steps at the venue - especially old churches and concert halls.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Two omnis on 8,5m high mast via Echo2 in RaspberryPi3 (on floor, controlled by iPhone with ssh&wifi); backup into FostexFR2le. Usable for low profile pipeorgan recording.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-f0756cd4-f35e-4e86-97e9-959d1bf4d4f7.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search