The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , , ,

Post pictures of your portable recording equipment Condenser Microphones
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
I don't know, it works well for my workflow when we are in tight quarters and a console or mixer is not possible. We find it quite smooth, especially since all we need to do is adjust pre amp gains and engage phantom power.
Excuse me Remoteness, what about the noise of a DL251...
Does it make noise like a DN9650 or is really quite?
do you keep that box near microphones or farthest you can?
Old 1 week ago
Super Moderator

First of all, I don't have a DL251, it's a Midas DL351 remote controllable microphone preamp. And, the sound it produces is quite pleasant with plenty of dynamic range. Don't hear much noise. Perhaps, you're referring to the mechanical noise from the fan? Well, I assume that's what you mean. It depends on the situation. If I'm in a large arena the mic pres are usually off stage by the splitters and such. If it's a quiet space, and we can hear the fan, we would place a foam baffle to help silence the noise. On the Jon Batiste & Friends residency recording at the Village Vanguard I did, we placed the DL351 under the acoustic piano and we couldn't hear any noise on the mics. As a matter if fact, using my virtual gobo technique, we was able to get excellent isolation from all the mics. It sounded like the piano and drums were in iso-booths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devis.pv View Post
Excuse me Remoteness, what about the noise of a DL251...
Does it make noise like a DN9650 or is really quite?
do you keep that box near microphones or farthest you can?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
First of all, I don't have a DL251, it's a Midas DL351 remote controllable microphone preamp. And, the sound it produces is quite pleasant with plenty of dynamic range. Don't hear much noise. Perhaps, you're referring to the mechanical noise from the fan? Well, I assume that's what you mean. It depends on the situation. If I'm in a large arena the mic pres are usually off stage by the splitters and such. If it's a quiet space, and we can hear the fan, we would place a foam baffle to help silence the noise. On the Jon Batiste & Friends residency recording at the Village Vanguard I did, we placed the DL351 under the acoustic piano and we couldn't hear any noise on the mics. As a matter if fact, using my virtual gobo technique, we was able to get excellent isolation from all the mics. It sounded like the piano and drums were in iso-booths.

Wow!! Thank you for yor fast reply!!!
Yes I was referring to the fan noise.
I've never heard about your virtual gobo technique, and after a search on GS, I read a lot!!!
it seems very effective! You're very kind to share your technique!
I'll take a deeper look into it!
thank you!!

devis
Old 1 week ago
Super Moderator

Well, I'm here to help the cause and affect from origination to post-production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devis.pv View Post
Wow!! Thank you for yor fast reply!!!
Yes I was referring to the fan noise.
I've never heard about your virtual gobo technique, and after a search on GS, I read a lot!!!
it seems very effective! You're very kind to share your technique!
I'll take a deeper look into it!
thank you!!

devis
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

On location

On location

Sonosax is the best tape recorder currently made.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-361545cc-5452-4e10-93db-bff0a8d61a77.jpg   Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-692f12d6-5cd4-4c1f-bc0a-2d2eca704e30.jpg   Post pictures of your portable recording equipment-5ced5b91-2417-46f7-aa59-8b895f720f34.jpeg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search