The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , ,

Remote Possibilities Role Call... Post Your Name, Rank & Specialty Right Here! Condenser Microphones
Old 23rd February 2009
Lives for gear

Name:
José Leonardo Pupo

Freelance Recording Engineer. Major in Music and Audio, Masters in Music (Sound Recording).

Specialty:
Remote recording of classical music. I also track lots of pop and latin music. I played percussion for 8 yeas in a symphony orchestra, I don't do it anymore.

Gear:
Some of it is mine some of it is shared.
Recorder: MT Pyramix MassCore System AES 24I/O
Algorithmix plugs.
Mics: Schoeps (4x MK4's, MK41's, MK2H's, Coles 4038Millennia Preamps and Lavry Blue converters. RME Backup system.
Other gear is more for pop n rock stuff.

If you need some help in South America just PM me!

Cheers,
Pupo
Old 26th February 2009
Here for the gear

I've been a lurker here on Remote Possibilities for a few years and learned a lot from you guys, so I figured it was about time I joined and said hi:

Name:
Evan Sonderegger

Audio Engineer for "The President's Own" United States Marine Band in Washington DC. On any given day, I could be recording the band in concert, running FOH for an outdoor concert, making transfers of archival recordings, coordinating a video recording, or trying to fix IT-related issues. There are some drawbacks to being a generalist, but I like it. This particular gig has meant working in some very cool places with some very cool people.

Gear:
We're lucky enough to work with a range of great gear, including Schoeps, Neumann, Sennheiser, and Royer mics, Millenia Media preamps, Meyer and EAW sound reinforcement gear, and Sequoia. Always interested in hearing about what else is out there though. heh

Anyway, thanks to all who make this forum what it is.
Old 26th February 2009
Super Moderator

Welcome one, welcome all.

Thanks for chiming in.
Old 6th March 2009
Lives for gear

Name: Daniel Stark

Rank: Professional musician and composer, amateur location engineer

Gear: Korg mr-1000, Royer sf-24 (Front line)

Gefell um70s (Tube modded) Universal Audio DCS, Sebatron (Back line)
Old 9th March 2009
Gear Addict

I'm Sara Lynn Stearns, owner and the engineer of a very small (but happy) mobile recording outfit out here on the beautiful Monterey Peninsula. In order to quell the inevitable confusion, yes, I was known by another name on here. I won't go into details, other than to say that life has happened and I'm now using my correct name.

Equipment

Pres include SCA T-15/C-84 pres, an ADL 600, an AEA TRP, and an Apogee Ensemble (on order).
Recorders are an HHB 630, a Masterlink, an HD-24XR, and a MacBook Pro (sold my MR1000).
Converters (will be) an Apogee Ensemble.
Mics are a Royer SF12, pair of Beyer MC930s, pair of JZ BT201s, Shure KSM44, pair of KSM137s, pair of Cascade FatHeads, and one Audix SCX-25 (I sold my Schoeps).

Clients are almost all amateurs and students. I record many, many auditions! I do record a lot of choirs, and lately have gone to recording small opera ensembles (there seems to be a resurgence in opera around here - maybe it's the economy!). I've "re-taylored" my recording rig to reflect the level of clientele that I customarily work for. I found no need to have a fortune tied up in mics and other equipment when mid-line gear would more than suffice (my clients love what they hear), so I sold off my high-end gear.

All the news that's fit to print!
Old 17th March 2009
Lives for gear

Name: Milhouse

sometimes just a dude,
sometimes a dude who knows stuff

Background: Interested party trying to make his own way.... and pay rent.

Gear
Imac
003r
a few mid level pres
a few mid level mics
Transit Van
Old 17th March 2009
Lives for gear

Name:Brian J. Hallermann

Rank: Technical Director at a local Minneapolis private high school/freelance trumpet player and engineer. I also teach a tech theater class, coach the school brass sections and am working on developing a electronic music composition/production course.

Background: A.A.S in Audio Production, B.M.Ed Music Education.

Specialty: I've been doing engineering for about 6 years now. I have done most every genre at one time or another and work in the studio here and there, however I gravitate to acoustic classical style recording. Partly since it's a big portion of my job and I'm a classically trained trumpet player who manages his own quintet. (I'm also a classical music junkie) I love the challenges that a full orchestra or wind ensemble brings.

Gear:
-Unibody Mac Book Pro & Intel Quad core Mac Pro
-002R with PTLE 8 with Waves Platinum, Sound Soap, and Pitch N' Time Pro
-ART dual tube pre
-FMR RNC's
-Presonus D8 (horrible for classical recording..school owned)
-pairs of AT 3031's, 3032's, and 4050's
-KSM 109's
-a plethora of dynamic live mics at work
-JBL LSR 4328P monitors for mixing (just yesterday!!!)

Goal: To expand the abilities of the school I work at and create some great recordings to promote our school, ensembles, and provide a very professional environment to learn. I also am working to expand my personal recording business and quintet performances. Dabbling in video and am looking to get my Final Cut level one certification this summer.
Old 26th March 2009
Gear Maniac
Hi there everyone! I read this forum all the time but this cool thread inspired me to cease my usual lurking ways...........

Name: Dan Steinberg

Rank: Freelance recording engineer and pro audio product manager

Background: Studied audio recording at USC. Spent next 4 years working at post and music studios big and small in Los Angeles. Then switched gears and spent the next 8 years as a product manager helping design pro audio equipment, 2 years at Timeline Vista (working on the MX-2424 of all things) and then 6 years at Mackie. Always made sure to keep recording, no matter how busy the "day job" got.

Currently living in downtown Washington DC and doing some audio recording work as well as some freelance product management

Specialty: Remote recording of various sizes, ranging from direct to stereo "recital style" recordings up to larger multi-track recordings. I also do audio for video, music editing, etc.

Gear: (partial list)

Recorders
Tascam MX-2424 with autolocator and analog/digital interface cards
Mackie 1200F with Apple macbook running Logic 8 (allows for 30 simultaneous mic inputs)
M-Audio microtrack (used as a "bit-bucket" with external Mic Pre and A/D converter)
Digidesign 002 running Pro Tools 8 LE, on a Core 2 Quad desktop rig

Mic Pres and A/D conversion
Apogee AD-1000
Focusrite Octopre
Mackie 800R
Lucid AD-2496

Mics:
(2) Shure SM57
AKG D-112
Nady RSM-3 ribbon
Apex 205 ribbon
Audio Technica AT133 stereo microphone
(2) Groove Tubes GT33 small diaphragm
(2) Oktava MC-012s with cardioid, omni, and supercardioid capsules
(2) AKG C1000S
Oktava MKL-2500 tube mic
CAD E-100
MXL 990
MXL 991
Blue 8-Ball

Mixers:
Mackie 1604VLZPro
Mackie 1202VLZPro

Other:
Large complement of mic stands, cables, headphones, headphone amps, synchronizers, blackburst generators, etc.

Goal: To always keep learning and improving my craft, and continue making the the best sounding recordings I can. Also, to keep helping design great audio gear that is used and enjoyed by musicians and recording engineers.
Old 26th March 2009
Super Moderator

Welcome, come on in; put up your feet and stay a while.
Old 31st March 2009
Name: Pier Giacalone

Rank: After load in and set up? Absolutely! Freelancer I guess.

Background: Studied guitar since I was 7. Began live sound at Maxwell's in Hoboken, NJ around 1992. Went to SUNY Purchase and got a BFA in Music Comp. Had my own commercial room in Chelsea NYC from 1996 to 2000. Specialized in mastering on a Sonic Solutions DAW. Closed in 2000 and went back to freelance. In 2005 did an international tour with Regina Spektor for Sire/WB. Multitracked every show (about 40 to 50 or so). She released a live EP and a few 7" singles from that work. Got to mix Radio City Music Hall (fun!).

Been spending the last 3 years raising 2 kids and freelancing when I can.

Specialty: Italian food. As for audio, I don't have the luxury of specializing. I enjoy recording acoustic instruments but whatever pays the bills is all good with me.

Gear: Nuendo, Sonica Labs PC laptop, FF800, pres from Great River and Speck Electronics. Dynaudio BM15a monitors. Some very nice guitars.
Old 31st March 2009
Here for the gear

Working on portable surround tools

Name: Hendrik Gideonse

Currently trying to find less expensive ways to do 24/192 recording of 6-8 channels with battery power in remote locations. Also working on microphone arrays for surround recordings.

I am from Boston, MA, USA. Studying Audio Tech and Acoustics at U Mass Lowell and teaching at U Mass Lowell and the New England Institute of Art.

PC user with Sonar
Old 31st March 2009
Super Moderator

It's nice to see you folks here.

Please come in and enjoy our discussion group.
Old 2nd April 2009
Lives for gear

Name: I use my real name on all Forums

Rank: Probably around the semi-semi-pro ballpark when it comes to location work - keen to get out there and do more, especially small acoustic chamber jazz or folk groups

Serial number: Er... oh, not required

Background: Started as a singer/musician, moved into synths and electronic music, this led to a widening general interest in gear

Speciality: Purveyor of fine BBC English voice-overs (I hope!)

Gear:
DAW: Mac Powerbook, Logic Pro 8, La Cie drives (x6)
Interfaces: Metric Halo ULN-2 & 2882
Mics: Brauner Phantom, Microtech Gefell M930, M300(x2), Shure SM7B, SM57, Avenson STO-2(x2)
Outboard: Drawmer 1968-ME, Speck ASC-T(x2), TC Electronics M300
Monitoring: PMC TB2S+, Blue Sky ProDesks, Sony MDR-7506/9 cans
Room Treatment: RealTraps Mondos, Minis, Micros & PVB
Old 7th April 2009
Lives for gear

Name: Harry Butler

Background: Interested in audio (live and recorded) since the late '60s. Got a TEAC 3340 and a couple of C55FETs in '75 and did my first LP project. It got me a second project. Mostly photography, videography and live AV support (freelance since 1982) until '98. Re-ignited my interest in live recording of acoustic events... now seek to add that skill to my repertoire.

Speciality: Recording acoustic events in nice acoustic environs. Church choirs, school choirs, local acoustic artists (HiFi PA and location tracking), etc. Big annual event: International Church Music Festival souvenir DVD... 300-500 voices, orchestra, in venues in England, Switzerland or Italy. We shoot the video (3 cameras), record the audio and produce the DVD each year.

Gear:
DAW: MacBook Pro, Mac Pro 8-core, Logic Pro 8
Interfaces: Apogee Ensemble, PreSonus 24.4.2
Preamps: DAV BG-8, Ensemble onboard, Mackie Onyx 1640 and 1220, PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2
Mics: (pairs) Sennheiser MKH-8040; DPA 4061; Gefell M296; Gefell M270; Neumann TLM193; RODE NT4; Sony C55FET; lots of 57s, 58s, Beta 87As, OM2s, NT1s, D112, and D6s, for PA use.
Outboard: EQ Rack, FX Rack for PA use (DBX, EV, Orban, TC Electronics, Alesis, PreSonus, Furman, Yamaha)
Monitoring: Tannoy Series 800A w/ matching 10" subwoofer; HHB Circle 5s (QSC 1400 power); Roland MA-4 cubes ("small box"); Sony MDR-7506 cans. Wanting a pair of B&W Matrix 801 Series 3s...

Last edited by hbphotoav; 20th May 2011 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: M-Audios went to church... some jerk lifted my UltraSone 650s at a gig
Old 27th April 2009
Gear Head

Derek Brooks of Indigo Mill

Name: Derek Brooks

Background: Studied classical and jazz guitar in school. Worked freelance as a location recording engineer and full-time as a broadcast audio engineer.

Specialty: Location recording of acoustic (non-amplified) performances.
Old 27th April 2009
Super Moderator

James; Harry; Derek - Welcome one welcome all...

Thanks for sharing your information with us.
Old 29th June 2009
Here for the gear

Name: Allison Williams

Rank: Audio Archivist for the State of Tennessee, Freelance mobile studio owner. Retired FOH / punching bag.

Specialty: Recording acoustic groups, particularly oldtime, bluegrass, and singer-songwriter. Digitizing and restoring field recordings. Geeking out about dead formats.

Thought for the day: "Full Sail graduates? I let 'em wrap cables, if they're lucky." - Mark Richards
Old 29th June 2009
Super Moderator

A warm welcome to Alison.

Thanks for chiming in...

I hope you get a chance to check out our (IMO) interesting threads.
I trust you will post more in this forum.

Enjoy!
Old 11th July 2009
Gear Head

Hello everyone!

Name: Joachim Glaude

Background
: ADR and Folley Engeneer, Radio broadcasting Engeneer

Speciality
: in situ recording and premastering. Especially interested in contemporary music. Sound artist.

Gear:

• Microphones :

• 2× Brüel & Kjær Type 4003 high voltage (130 V)
• 2× Schoeps MK 2H
• 1× Schoeps ORTF Stereo Microphone MSTC 64 U
• 1× Brauner Valvet Vacuum Tube Microphone
• 2x Neumann km 184
• Microphones Preamp :
• Millenia Media HV-3D / 8 Channels
• Studer C279 Analog Mixer / 6 Channels
• Converter :
• Mytek Digital USA 8X96 ADC
• RME DigiFace
• Monitoring :
• Crane Song "Avocet" Discrete Class A Studio Controller
• Madrigal Audio "Proceed Amp" Power Amplifier
• JMLab "Mini Utopia" Loudspeakers
• Sound Perfomance Lab "2Control" Monitoring Controller
• Flying Mole "DAD-M100pro(II)" Power Amplifier
• Sonus Faber "Toy Speaker"
• Sony "MDR-SA5000" Headphone
• Sennheiser "HD 650" Headphone
• Signal Processors :
• Z-Sys Z-q2 Digital Mastering Equalizer
• Prism Masselec MLA-2 Precision Compressor
• Universal Audio UAD Xpander DSP Card
• Plug-ins from Universal Audio, Sonnox, PsP Audio, Roger Nichols Digital, …
• Miscellaneous :
• Studer A 730 CD Player
• Thorens TD 520 Turntable, SME Tone Arm, Grado Pickup
• Plexwriter Premium II
• Apogee Wyde Eye Cables
• Gik Acoustic pannels
Old 12th July 2009
Gear Nut

Hi
Name: Trav

Background: 3 years Live Mixing from pubs to festivals FOH & MON

Specialty: Full Rock Band Concert Recordings

Gear: HD24, direct outed of FOH console
next step splitters and pre's

Mix Down Macbook running PT8
Yamaha Hs80's

Standard Mic Kit - D6, 57's, e906's, 88's, rodes

Thought Of The Day: .....weekend finished sleep now begins
Old 20th July 2009
Here for the gear

Exclamation

Name:
Tavon Markov, 29, Male, Erie, PA

Owner of Horizontal Experiment Productions, my Recording & Production business - and FOH/Monitor/System Tech for EARCO, a Sound Reinforcement Company in Erie, PA.

Specialty:
I have been working in Audio Production, both in studio and on stage, for 17 years. Currently, I own my own recording studio and enjoy every frame of it. (SMPTE joke in there somewhere). I just recently purchased a Mac Pro and a couple Metric Halo 2882s and I would like to get out on the road and lay some tracks.

Thought for today:
Remember - "sometimes yes, sometimes no"
Old 23rd July 2009
Gear Addict

Well, Here we go!

Name:
Philip ten Brink

Freelance engineer and sound engineer at the BIMHUIS (Amsterdam, NL) and SugarFactory (Amsterdam, NL)

Specialty:
Live recording, FOH and monitor mixing. I love doing all kinds of live related work and really can't stand sitting behind a computer editing...

Gear:
Mics:
AKG D112
Beyerdynamic M88, M201, MCE530 (blehh...)
B&K 4006
Grundig GDM121
Neumann KM184
Sennheiser MD403
Shure SM58

Other:
BBE MaxCom
D&R Comp.
Lexicom MPX100

Bonus info:
I play trumpet too, in a number of bands and own a very cute sixties Philicorda organ on tubes . Other instruments include bass guitar, guitar, and 12-string accoustic guitar.
Old 30th August 2009
NEXT!

Name:
Dan W

lone ranger at D-Sahn Productions

Specialty:
I started out recording my friends at my moms house about 12-13 years ago, using cool edit and a radio shack mic, and soundcard preamp. now i am slowly trying to accumulate more/better gear. I currently use PT, focusrite trackmaster pro, sterling audio St55, and when i get to record drums, (or anything else i guess) i have the standard shure drum mic kit, and a drawmer lx20. im pretty sure my next purchase is going to be a presonus digimax fs. after that its maybe some cascase mics, and some flavorful pre's of course.

as a hook to try to get some more clients, (and the fact that i live in a crappy basement) i figured i could offer to record in my clients homes.
at the moment i am mainly working with rap vocals, not ideally what i want to be doing, but i have a few bands that ive been working with, and record with them when i can.
in order to maintain some what of a standard in the recordings, i made a mobile vocal booth. its heavy but it fits in my car. i posted some pics a while back. anyway i get about a gig a month on the recording side. other than that i do freelance production work for ESPN. Transmission specifically. also i work at a home automation company on the service side of things.

Thought for today:
are you on the bus, or off the bus?
Old 31st August 2009
Here for the gear

Okay, here we go...

Name: Danny Greenspoon

Company: The Audio Truck Inc. ( The Audio Truck - Mobile Remote Recording For Concert, Broadcast and Special Events )

Mobile owner since 1996

Current truck since 2004

Record Producer since 1982
- 3 multi platinum records
- 5 JUNO Awards
- 2 Gemini Awards

Professional musician since 1970

Current setups:

MOBILE:

64-96 Track Pro Tools HD3 Accel
Mac Pro 2.8 GHz 8 Core Harpertown 8GB Ram
SSL DeltaLink MADI Interface
Tascam X48 Backup System
Optocore Fibre Optic System
8 x Yamaha AD8HR Remote mic pres
2 x Yamaha DM2000 Digital Production Consoles
DIGI Sync
Rosendahl Nanosyncs HD Master clock
Brainstorm SR-15+ Distripalyzer
Full video monitor and lock interface

REMOTE:

DIGI 003 Console
Presonus Digimax Mic Pres
2 x Ramsa/Panasonic WRDA7 consoles
Tascam X48 Recorder
48 channel 3 way isolated split

That's the quick overview...
Old 31st August 2009
Super Moderator

Hey, Joachim,

Welcome and thanks for chiming in!
Nice gear list you have there.

----

Yo’ Trav from Melbourne!

It’s nice to see you here.

I trust you will post about your rock band concert recordings one of these days.

----

Tavon how’s Erie, PA these days?
Welcome to our humble forum.

----

Philip the engineer freakin’ loves that trumpet!

Great to see you here.
Hey, why not tell us more about your Philicorda organ?

----

Dan the man,

Welcome aboard the remote recording forum!

Wow, a mobile vocal booth. Why not start a new thread and show us some pictures of the rig?

----

What about Danny?

Welcome!
Tell us more about “The Audio Truck.”
I see that you’re the “Head Dude” at your company.
I’m the “Main Dude” at mine.

Looks like you have a pretty cool rig.
Please consider starting a thread about your company and stuff.
I’m sure you have some cool things to say and let us in on.
Old 3rd September 2009
Here for the gear

Stepping up…

Name: Darryl Dueck

Company: See and Hear

Mobile: Just aquired a small Video Trailer/Mobile (24') 2 months ago

First major event with mobile. Tragically Hip

Current Audio for mobile and field

Tac Bullet mixer 28x8 (just purchased 3 days ago now the clean up and the install of the audio control room.)
Shure FP 33 mixer
Berengher mixers for pfling record decks
JVC DV Deck
Edius 3 video edit suite
Panasonic DVD burners
JVC DV 5000 camera
Sony DSR 500 camera
Sony D30 with DSR1 back
A few Sennheiser Microphones and wireless

After 7-10 years of flypacking still Surprised at how many gigs with3000+ people where just the audio board feed is a good enough mix for the final video record.
Old 4th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by See and Hear View Post
After 7-10 years of flypacking still Surprised at how many gigs with3000+ people where just the audio board feed is a good enough mix for the final video record.
Isn't that the truth! Maybe the vidiots will put up a 58 for audience but it's just just an FOH mix. Good to have you here, Darryl. What are you using for recorders? Have you already done the Tragically Hip gig? Hope it went/goes well for you. If it's already happened, maybe you could post some pictures in your very own gig report thread.
Old 13th October 2009
Here for the gear

NAME: Bas Gentenaar

MUTANT POWER: Dealing with Difficult Musicians (I have a background in clinical psychology and all the conversational training I've had is finally paying off)

MASTER PLAN: Well, obviously World Domination!
Old 27th October 2009
Here for the gear

Hello Steve and colleagues,

Today, I’ve decided I had to do something about that To-Do list, so here it is:

Guillaume Bengle
Owner
Le Studio Mobile
In business since 1979, then with a Teac 24 input mixer and 1” 16-track recorder. That mobile (at least some parts of the box) did its last recording in December 2007. We built a new one and you are all invited to visit it at Le Studio Mobile.
It’s been more than 30 years and I still love what I do.

Steve, thanks for organizing this forum and sorry it took me all that time to introduce myself.

Guillaume
Old 27th October 2009
Super Moderator

Guillaume,

Welcome aboard my friend.

I'm so happy you found the time to chime in to our humble forum.

I look forward to reading any future posts from you.

Fantastic!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search