The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , , ,

Live At Abbey Road
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Talking Live At Abbey Road

Anyone watching this on Sundance channel? Awesome. I think just watching the vintage Neumann mics in action was enough to make me have a heart attack. I like how they miced that one guitar player for Leanne Rimes, looked like two KM54mics at the 12 fret, one pointing downward and the other pointing upward. Sounded good. I guess there's more episodes coming. Maybe I'll get some more micing techniques!
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

The David Gilmour episode was great to watch. They showed his Pete Cornish Pedal controller as well as what looked like a modified Ernie Ball Volume pedal.

Definitely worth checking out.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn55 View Post
Anyone watching this on Sundance channel? Awesome. I think just watching the vintage Neumann mics in action was enough to make me have a heart attack. I like how they miced that one guitar player for Leanne Rimes, looked like two KM54mics at the 12 fret, one pointing downward and the other pointing upward. Sounded good. I guess there's more episodes coming. Maybe I'll get some more micing techniques!
I didn't see the episode, but the guitarist would have been Pete Huttlinger, and that is the mic placement he uses for recording. He gets a great sound.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

looks like they have some footage on the website:

Live From Abbey Road - Official Web Site
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

The Dr. John segment was awesome. His solo version of Such a Night is classic, and what a character!

-R
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Addict

Yeah, it looked to me like he just gave up singing the end of it and was just digging the piano. I'm not sure how big grand pianos get but this thing looked 30' from some of the camera angles. I've about learned that there will be one good to great act.....or at least one I've heard of out of the three.....and 2 lousy british ones. I have no idea how some of these guys got label deals or even managed to find the studio.

Is it just me or is John Meyer the best young guitar player to come along in the last 15 or 20 years? Ok, ok. 10 years. His tone and playing (not neccessarily his material) has gotten me wanting to play again. The frist time I saw him I thought he was about 18 but he must be in his 30s or late 20s from the way he was talking. I don't rememebr ever using this phrase before but he rocks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search