The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags:

Soundcraft B800 - any good? Consoles
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Soundcraft B800 - any good?

I'm hunting around for a small format desk, mainly to get out of the box for my mixing duties - my ideal is something like a Studer 962.

However, I've been offered a Soundcraft B800 by a local dealer, and am trying to dig up some info on it. Anyone had any experience with these things?

One well informed opinion that I"ve been offered is that the B800 is very, VERY similar to the Studer 928 range (to the point where the differences may only be cosmetic); this due to the sharing of technology at the time that Harman (incorporating Soundcraft) took over Studer and there was an overlap between the markets Soundcraft and Studer were manufacturing for. I've not been able to confirm this, but the possibility that it's true gets me all excited...

Can anyone shed any light? Or alternatively, sell me a mint condition Studer 962 for less than the price of a pint?

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

ba-bump
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Hmm, specs and looks are indeed very similar to studer broadcast desks..
In fact, looking at the soundcraft brochure, layout and signal flow are exactly the same..
maybe your 'source' isnt talking poop..
It does have those awful plastic faders though..

But, sorry, never used that soundcraft..
How much is it abouts? money I mean..

Last edited by huub; 3rd September 2007 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: adding stuff.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

It's a 28/8/4 in good condition, with more meters than you can shake a stick at. Though they're PPM (good for radio) as opposed to VU or dBfs which would be my preference for music use. The dealer wants 4.5k euros.

I'm tempted, but I have to confess to being a gear snob. If I get a 2nd hand Studer, I know that if it ever comes to selling it again, I won't have too many problems shifting it for close to whatever I paid for it. With a Soundcraft on the other hand.. However, looking at evilBay in Germany and Switzerland, a similar specced board from Studer (a 903 or a 963) is going to set me back 9k euros. That's a big difference

****. Someone tell me what to do
Old 27th September 2017
Here for the gear
We have a B800 with a **** ton of external preamps. Its a great console, preamps are clean, every connection including inserts are balanced. Well built with tons of great routing options. Would highly recommend!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search