The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

Syncing 2 Tascam DVRA1000's Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Syncing 2 Tascam DVRA1000's

Anyone know if it's possible to accurately sync 2 DVRA's to give 4 simultaneous tracks?

I know that they can be triggered by a digital or analogue signal so was thinking that there must be a way?

Any ideas? Cheers.
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

AFAIK, there is no way to do this for real... However, in the days of DAT, I used to do stuff like the all the time... I'd record digitally to 2 DAT machines (out of a digital console). Because both machines are slaving to the same clock, drift never was an issue. I'd feed 2 tracks to each and then load it digitally into a DAW. I would then manually sync them.

In most cases, I'd use one remote that was split to place ID marks at the same point in the tape. That would get me close. Then, I'd look for a transient that I could easily use as a marker to sync the two. It may not be exactly sample accurate, but it is darned close and if it sounds good, who cares? Just don't split a stereo track between the two.

I suppose you could even use a tone generator to output a two-pop or something to both that would make the sync even easier. I never did that, but it would certainly make sense.

--Ben
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Or a clapperboard of course! (will remind me of my film location work)

The remote thing interests me. If I used the same remote to start REC then surely both would be triggered at the same time?
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

I wouldn't usually rely on the remote to start both... Remotes misfire way too easily. Usually at least one track mark is right on, though... Just have to look at the waveforms.

-Ben
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search