The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
the new Record Plant Remote Digital - 96 tracks at 96k!
Old 1st September 2007
Talking the new Record Plant Remote Digital - 96 tracks at 96k!

I am very happy to announce that, after a year of hard work and more than a few gallons of blood, sweat and tears - my good friend Kooster McAllister has completed his new digital truck, and it's a beauty.

He'll be premiering it at the AES Show in New York October 5-8th, alongside the Wave Distribution booth. If you're planning on attending AES, please come by booth 162 and have a look. Until then, I've posted some photos and details here:

http://web.mac.com/gilwave/iWeb/Site

Of course, the 56-input API equipped analog truck still roams the streets, having just recently come off the Nashville Star TV season broadcast, and the Black Sabbath Heaven and Hell show at New York's Radio City Music Hall, which coincidentally was just released on DVD and CD (http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDe...?Number=243708)

Congratulations Kooster!! See you at AES.

www.recordplantremote.com

-gil
Old 1st September 2007
Super Moderator

Awesome!

All the best -- Kooster RAWKS!
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Serious! Just a beautiful setup. I wish you all the best.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I like that Heaven and Hell is playing on the screens.
Old 6th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbe1019 View Post
I like that Heaven and Hell is playing on the screens.
In honor of that show being recorded at New York's Radio City Music Hall, Kooster will feature the original multitrack recording of that show in the truck at AES.

-g
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

DM2000's an interesting choice.
Old 6th September 2007
Here for the gear

Why DM2K

Hi all Kooster here
The choice of the DM2K was really quite simple for many reasons.
A Few of them are:
1 Extremely Reliable.
Having a console you can count on is a must. The DM2K’s that I own have never crashed on me and talking with other owners I hear the same from them. Another feature is if there is a power outage the console will wake back up exactly where it was. No need to recall the project. Also the boot time is under a minute.

2 The console is very powerful.
Don’t let the small size fool you. This console is DA Bomb!! When you dig into all that the console offers, it is quite remarkable.

3 Compatibility
I know of at least 5 location recording companies that have chosen this console not to mention engineers like Elliot Scheiner, Ed Cherney Paul Sandweiss, and Gary Paczosa all have them in their studios. Take a listen to any of the Alison Kraus cd’s that Gary has done and you will see how great they sound too. Another reason is that most of the touring company’s these days travel with either PM1D or PM5D consoles which are compatible with the 2K. If a FOH engineer is doing the mix he can just load his SIM card into the 2K and is off and running with all his presets.

These are just a few of the reasons I chose the DM2K as the mixing platform for my new truck. Please stop by and see us at the AES and check it out for your self.
Old 8th September 2007
Old 18th September 2007
Gear Nut

26 years later -finally!!!

Two weeks from today the first "Big Deal" solo flight Record Plant sent Kooster, Peter Hefter, Bob Hughes, and I out on our own to do with the White Truck (now Kooster's Analog Truck) will FINALLY be coming out on DVD. Queen live at the Montreal Forum. I recall us doing a pretty good job and making Freddie and Brian happy. And for about 5 minutes on the 29th., I'll be a "cool" dad with my kids. I'm sure we'll have a copy to play in the truck in surround. Come by and see how we were recording 26 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
the new Record Plant Remote Digital - 96 tracks at 96k!-queen.jpeg  

Last edited by "DB"; 20th September 2007 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: Memory problems
Old 18th September 2007
Super Moderator

Outstanding!
Old 20th September 2007
Gear Addict

Sweet!

Being the owner of an 02R96V2, I REALLY like this setup!!!

Definitely stopping by at AES!
Old 21st September 2007
Here for the gear

Kooster's New Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooster View Post
Hi all Kooster here Please stop by and see us at the AES and check it out for your self.
Yo Kooster

Was that you and your new rig at The Highline Ballroom this week? As you know, I live in Chelsea and I was out walking the dog...

You were incognito! I would have said hello.

All the best with the new system! I'll check you out at AES.

Best

Randy Ezratty
Old 25th September 2007
Here for the gear

Yeah that was us. I was recording James Blunt at the High Line Ballroom. The truck is incognito as of now and I sort of like it that way. I probably will put a logo on it eventually. What I really love is no more weigh stations on the hiway and the ability to use the GSP for trips to Atlantic City.
Kooster
Old 26th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Kooster, your new truck looks great! I built a similar (but much smaller) truck down here in Philadelphia last year, I know first hand how much time and energy you must have into this new rig.

indremobile.com

I'm looking forward to meeting you at AES and seeing the new truck.

-Mike Comstock
Indre Mobile Recording
Old 26th September 2007
Here for the gear

Here are a few new picts of the truck. Hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
the new Record Plant Remote Digital - 96 tracks at 96k!-rpr050lr.jpg   the new Record Plant Remote Digital - 96 tracks at 96k!-rpr020lr.jpg   the new Record Plant Remote Digital - 96 tracks at 96k!-rpr080lr.jpg  
Old 28th September 2007
So, yeah - Kooster had a photog come out and shoot some nice pics, with proper lighting and long exposure times.

So of course I had to add 'em to my page. Here's the link to page two:

http://web.mac.com/gilwave/iWeb/Site...0page%202.html

Please come see us at Booth 162/space T-2 at the AES next week - right next to the Gearslutz Lounge!

-gil
Old 29th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I'm curious, do you tow a trailer? or have a cargo area in the back? for your stage racks, cables, etc.
Old 29th September 2007
Super Moderator

Nice pictures -- Looks real slick guys!
Old 2nd October 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
Nice pictures -- Looks real slick guys!
Thanks Steve - see you at the show!!

-gil
Old 9th October 2007
Here for the gear

THANK YOU!!!

I would like to personally thank everyone who came to see the truck at the AES. The turn out was more than I had ever expected. I hope some of you were able to experience our world fomous coffee. I would also like to thank Gil Griffith for his invaluable help in getting me to the floor of the AES.

Hope to see you all down the road.

Kooster
Old 10th October 2007
Here for the gear

Kooster...I'm thinking that maybe I should offer you a spot in my driveway to park that ol' white analog truck. I could look after it. Paulie would be close by. Just trying to be helpful. The new digs look great.!!

Peace, love and soul,

Ron

Old 10th October 2007
Gear Guru

Nice meeting you Kooster, thanks for the hospitality, and air conditioning
Old 10th October 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooster View Post
I would like to personally thank everyone who came to see the truck at the AES. The turn out was more than I had ever expected. I hope some of you were able to experience our world fomous coffee. I would also like to thank Gil Griffith for his invaluable help in getting me to the floor of the AES.

Hope to see you all down the road.

Kooster

Kooster-

it was my pleasure. thanks for the hospitality. it was inspiring. if you
ever find yourself driving through Austin in that beauty, i can lend
you a driveway.

cheers,
marty.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search