The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

Microphone for Flute Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd October 2007
Lives for gear

[quote=MBishopSFX;1537605]Most of the time I'm using the SF-24 in Blumlein. I'll use it in M/S in situations requiring post-production mixing.

Yes, I'd try to use one stereo mic for piano and flute - IF it's a nice room or hall. I prefer to let the room acoustic do the majority of the work for me. The musicians must be capable of balancing their performance. Classical musicians do that all the time, but it amazes me how many non-classical musicians can't get an ensemble balance anymore. They've gotten used to manipulating balances after the fact. The problem with that approach is that there's a big difference in instrument sound at different dynamics. It's not enough to just pull or push the level around artificially. One can get a decent balance, but the overall ensemble or duet sound can be so much better if they get the balances in the room themselves.

This man know what he's talking about!!!
Old 4th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
quote=MBishopSFX;1537605]Most of the time I'm using the SF-24 in Blumlein. I'll use it in M/S in situations requiring post-production mixing.
I use it in M/S most of the time as well. I think the image is a bit more centered.

Cameron

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search