The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: ,

drum shields
Old 26th August 2007
Here for the gear

Question drum shields

i have a boomy room with high ceilings, but at one end, the ceiling is low

i have drums, guitar, bass, piano and vocal for live performance

my vocalist is big, but she's killing herself trying to get over the top of the drummer who doesnt know the meaning of the words "be quiet"

would drum shields work in this case. are they a sound treatment, or a sound proofing, or a little of both

where would i put the drummer to quieten him down - under the low ceiling, or high ceiling
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Is this a live concert or more of a standard studio session? If the latter, why don't you overdub?
Old 27th August 2007
Here for the gear

it's actually an examination performance, so just band and examiners in one 6x6m room - live, no tweaking allowed, just plug in and play
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

any takers?
Old 29th August 2007
mal
Gear Head

tell him to shut up..or try suggesting brushes...no one wins if he drowns out everybody else...
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

ha, ever tried telling a 16 year old to shut up? on top of this, he aint likely to even roll up for a sound check....nothing i can do about it though, the exam is booked and i need to get him under control - any takers on the drum shields???
Old 30th August 2007
Super Moderator

I got to tell you -- I hate drum shields in principle. I've used them to block the direction of the sound source. I really do not like them anywhere near the drum kit.

Keep in mind, you're surrounding the drums with hard plastic which smears the sound of the drum kit and you still have all that drum and cymbal sound exploding upwards and into the room.

And, for that 16 year old kid...

Tell that kid to "get off your lawn and, you're not giving his ball back" until he's under control!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search