The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , , ,

ADK TL for classical piano? Condenser Microphones
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

Talking ADK TL for classical piano?

Hey guys, right now I am using a pair of oktava 52-02 ribbons close up in blumlein and a pair of oktava 012 with omni capsules back in AB on classical piano. I found that the 52-02's have got to go and I'm trying to find a good pair to replace them with. I was looking at the ADK TL's and want to know what you guys think...
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

I have a pair. They are decent mics, regardless of price and excellent mics for the price. I just use them for solo fignerstyle acoustic and classical guitar. Fairly honest, clear and neutral. But they are not flat in response. The bass is not the tightest bass around, but responds well and the proximity effect is pretty tame. The mids are not forward. There's a HF bump or two. Not too much, not harsh, and more or less pleasing. Self noise is average. The mics take eq well, and are forgiving with mic placement. The multiple patterns are nice.

ADK offers a capsule upgrade, replacing the capsule with either of the new Hamburg AuII or Vienna AuII capsules. I recently tried a TL with the Vienna AuII capsule (as well as a ADK TC with the Hamburg AuII capsule). As to the upgraded TL, it was slightly smoother with a slightly flatter overall response, but overall the mics were very close.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search