The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , , , ,

Patti LaBelle on (GMA) the Today Show...WOW!!
Old 1st July 2007
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Thanks Jamz. I'm guessing Dave Ivory is an engineer?
...and thanks for the correction Steve. You are correct.
No worries...

I knew she could not have been on the Today Show (even if she could have pulled it off with a post tape) because there's an unwritten rule that they cannot perform on another morning show for at least two weeks. Same thing goes with the late night show circuit.

That's why you would see the same artist on a morning show then on a late show later that night or within a day or so.
You'll never see them on the same type of show in the same time period.
Old 1st July 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
you make it sound as if we had a falling out because we don't work together anymore..that is the furthest from the truth [read my posts]

there aren't any sour grapes...a fact is a fact..she has told me numerous times how performing live has screwed up her hearing .again .if you read my posts i have the utmost respect for patti and her abilities..is this mr rogers where no one can say anything less than glowing about an artists performance?

i think thou dost have a thin skin... anything i would say here i would say to her face

PS

it's kinda like when i was doing a TV commercial and they hired Grover Washinton jr to play sax..the producer turned to me and asked why GW was outta tune..i turned to the guy and said..did ya ever lsiten to his recordings..you hire him for his tone and feel not his intonation.. [the guy was getting ready to have tell him he was flat..and i diffused the situation]

what i said was a readily admitted and apparent thing..
I read your posts. Thank you for your personal thoughts and experiences. Did you read my initial post? Did you watch her performance the other day? Did you work on her new recording?

She sounded great. I heard no pitch problems. Just curious about HER current recording techniques.
Old 24th September 2007
Gear Addict

She's been on the show I mix a number of times and what amazes me most is that even during rehearsals (often late at night or crazy early), from the moment the music hits, she is giving it 110%. Even the fifth run through "Just for cameras" etc. She'll belt it out like nobodies business.
Old 25th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsplace View Post
She's been on the show I mix a number of times and what amazes me most is that even during rehearsals (often late at night or crazy early), from the moment the music hits, she is giving it 110%. Even the fifth run through "Just for cameras" etc. She'll belt it out like nobodies business.
Agreed.
I recorded and mixed her for a few TV things, and she was always strong, never sandbagged us at all.

Although the costume changes did put a kink in the shoot schedule......
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search