The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Schoeps Amp - CMC1
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
New Schoeps Amp - CMC1

Looks like there's a new miniature amp from Schoeps. I am DROOLING at the possibilities of this thing.

https://schoeps.de/en/products/colet...CQriyDHaYBK8pg
Old 1 week ago
I like it! A fine alternative to similar offerings from DPA and Sennheiser. I might pick up a pair of these bodies, or perhaps I'll score a good deal on a pair of older CMC6 bodies when someone else upgrades.

That Schoeps page links to a very nice paper comparing their immunity to RF interference to that of other microphones.

Schoeps RFI Shield

David
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ooooh. Those are cool.

D.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Looks great!

I'd be interested to hear people's views of these as to whether they really DO sound identical given how much smaller they are than the CMC5 and CMC6 especially given how there are a number of comments on how the CMC5 is actually superior to the to CMC6!

Dave
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

The price for the new CMC1 is supposed to be 679€
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7IPridYbgg
Refreshing marketing video.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks for the info, I planned to buy some RC1200 but I am now interested by the price of this new little toy...
Old 1 week ago
very cool and thank you for sharing. I have been thinking about CMC6/ MK41 for my TV/ Film work to accompany my other mics. CMC1 looks very enticing. : ) I would need to do some homework to make sure it is the right choice for me, but I like to see options.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuba_noise View Post
[. . .] DROOLING at the possibilities of this thing.
I'm a CCM-kinda-guy - much preferring [sometimes, even requiring] the smaller form factor. Absolutely love them!

So, I'm very interested to understand practical application comparisons with the new Schoeps CMC-1 amps. I enjoyed the link and video, but I suspect there is something I'm not getting?

I got the following improvements over CMC 6:
  1. Smaller Size
  2. Higher max SPL
  3. Less current draw [only 2 mA]

I would expect the electronics to have somewhat different characteristics [not certain exactly what important difference that implies]; but everything else is pretty much the same as the CMC 6?

Are they giving me [a CCM-kinda-guy] a reason to look at the interchangeable capsule line? I'm not particularly in need of modularity.

Ray H.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Only change that caught my eye was an increase in the output impedance from a previous 35 ohm to 50 ohm. For broadcast/concert hall users, they quote a supported cable length at 400m.

Will a CMC14/CMC18 pair still be usable with the AMS22 stereo mount? Probably, just account for the shorter length of the body.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

On my Santa list for sure.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
It makes the new Schoeps addition a much closer match (in size) to the Sennheiser MKH8000 series, which helps when mixing these brands in one's mic gig bag/box. Good news !
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

US price is $849.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesmr View Post
US price is $849.
The recently announced price drop (plus new capabilities) of the SD MixPre series....and now Schoeps joins in with lowered prices for a new, improved product. Nice for we GS types, always on the lookout for new and worthy acquisitions.

Is this the industry's response to an impending global economic downturn, to make the new products more enticing ? Don't misunderstand....these new devices are worthy in their own right, but lower prices certainly help !
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
[. . .] Is this the industry's response to an impending global economic downturn, to make the new products more enticing ? [. . .]
Funny spin. . .[I hope.]

In the case of the MixPre II, I thought it was driven more by fairly direct completion from zoom. The SD updates are very compelling - both timecode generators and 32-bit float being critical value improvements - from my perspective.

I expect many Schoeps capsule users are equally thrilled about the amp size reduction. I'm CCM/lemo and so am still trying to figure it out. Not sure it will touch me. . .and am perhaps more likely will continue to invest in CCMs.

Ray H.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuba_noise View Post
Looks like there's a new miniature amp from Schoeps. I am DROOLING at the possibilities of this thing.

https://schoeps.de/en/products/colet...CQriyDHaYBK8pg
Nice!

Cheu
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2bern View Post
... I planned to buy some RC1200 ...
Always planning to buy more of those. One of the coolest Schoeps products IMO.

Re the CMC1, I wonder if Rens can fit his mods into it.

I am certainly gonna be on the lookout for second hand CMC5.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Spearritt View Post

I am certainly gonna be on the lookout for second hand CMC5.

I was just looking at this body -- Sweetwater and B&H list is as discontinued.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltarm View Post
I was just looking at this body -- Sweetwater and B&H list is as discontinued.
For a long time. It was supplanted by the CMC6 (and its variations)

Schoeps was buying back CMC5 bodies, refurbishing, and selling as a lower cost option to the CMC6 in the European markets. I don't think that program ever came to the US.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
@ David Spearritt
I asked Mr. Heijnis once if he could mod compact DPA bodies and he said no, not enough room. Schoeps might be a different story, but I somehow doubt it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Isn't it a bit funny to imagine already a mod on something no one has already heard?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2bern View Post
Isn't it a bit funny to imagine already a mod on something no one has already heard?
Philosophically perhaps yes. But Schoeps says it sounds just like the CMC6 so speculation on an improvement is what this board is about. And a lot of our minds start sentences with, "I wonder what would happen if . . . "
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post

Is this the industry's response to an impending global economic downturn, to make the new products more enticing ?
The resale value of my CMC641 is 40% more than I paid for it new but I can't imagine any reason I'd sell it even with the lower price of the new amp.

Should I find the advantages of the new one compelling I expect I'll be able to use them side by side with nearly indistinguishable sonic signatures.

I think we're seeing prices drop from the advancements in engineering. Manley is another company that's maintaining their renowned quality and sound while dropping prices and EveAnna is the first one to attribute this to a smarter design approach and advances in engineering.

Last edited by Kirk_; 4 days ago at 10:41 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Looks interesting.

I will probably not buy as i already have a bunch of kc cables which i use in between the mic capsules and cmc6 bodies. I generally have the mic bodies at the bottom of he stand.

If these were available when i bought my schoeps mics, id have picked the cmc1 over the cmc6 and skipped the kc cables.

Tom
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-boy View Post
Looks interesting.

I will probably not buy as i already have a bunch of kc cables which i use in between the mic capsules and cmc6 bodies. I generally have the mic bodies at the bottom of he stand.

If these were available when i bought my schoeps mics, id have picked the cmc1 over the cmc6 and skipped the kc cables.

Tom
Absolutely! I also use these KC cables (10m) and find them really boring to use.
Of course I have a clean stage, but it takes really too much time to roll the cables neatly.
Maybe my choice (10 meters) was not the best one, I thought 5 meters could be too short.
With a CMC1, this could be the best option for me.

Fred.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

...wish a digital version of the new cmc1 would become available!

btw: does anyone have experience using the digital pres from schoeps? they seemed to be around for just a short period of time and then pretty quickly disppeared; at least i haven't come across any... - anyone?
Old 3 days ago
I'm super interested in this. I use a CMC6xt MK41 for film work and also use Audio Ltd A10 radio packs. The lack of RF rejection on my CMC6xt has been a bugbear of mine, as it means I can't use them with my A10 as wireless boom (which sound amazing with Sennheiser MKH series mics).

The RF rejection alone makes this potentially a very worthwhile investment for me and other similar users. I think most people who've used them will agree that the CMC6 MK41 is one of the better sounding mics for film dialogue on the market and we'd love to keep them on our wireless booms. The size and weight reduction is great too as it means we can stick them in smaller wind protection while we add radios to the mic end of the boom.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazhurst View Post
I'm super interested in this. I use a CMC6xt MK41 for film work and also use Audio Ltd A10 radio packs. The lack of RF rejection on my CMC6xt has been a bugbear of mine, as it means I can't use them with my A10 as wireless boom [. . .]
I'm using the A10 with MiniCMIT and CCM41 on boom.

Have you tried the Audio Limited XLR3F to Lemo3 Cable with RF Filter? Mostly works for me for XLRs.

Best regards,

Ray H.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHeath View Post
I'm using the A10 with MiniCMIT and CCM41 on boom.

Have you tried the Audio Limited XLR3F to Lemo3 Cable with RF Filter? Mostly works for me for XLRs.

Best regards,

Ray H.
Yeah I've got the original cable they provided and it's still there a bit. I have a feeling it is an earlyish model cmc6uxt which has less RF shield built in. There is a new revision of that cable and RF filter though so might try that and see if I can get a little more protection!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
New Cinela mounts for the CMC-1: https://vimeopro.com/ipstv/ips-tv-at...ideo/360479473

Also, another interview with Helmut Wittek on the CMC-1: https://vimeopro.com/ipstv/ips-tv-at...ideo/360124754

Thanks to John Willett for the video links !

Last edited by studer58; 2 days ago at 06:31 PM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search