The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tags: , ,

sound devices mix 3 comparative preamps and converter quality
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-q View Post
AFAIK the MP3 & 6 derive the internal clock from the incoming TC when it's present so it's actually not pure time-stamping but includes clocking. I'm not sure where I read this. Could have been in one of the early videos with Paul in it from the trade show when they first came out.
Could be wrong but I do remember thinking that that's pretty great.
The first generation MixPre's (the non-M models!!!) receive timecode via a hdmi-input or a 3.5 mm input. The Musician models didn't have a TC in. If you use the hdmi input for timecode, the display of many cameras stays black because the camera thinks it is connected to a HDMI-monitor :-) Just saying...

Made where? I was a bit surprised 'cause my Mixpre doesn't have a made in or assembled in ... sticker anywhere on the unit itself.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head
As the Made in USA label is pretty stringent and filled with pride when marked with, I would believe a lot of the manufacturing is done abroad.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkP View Post
The first generation MixPre's (the non-M models!!!) receive timecode via a hdmi-input or a 3.5 mm input. The Musician models didn't have a TC in. If you use the hdmi input for timecode, the display of many cameras stays black because the camera thinks it is connected to a HDMI-monitor :-) Just saying...

Made where? I was a bit surprised 'cause my Mixpre doesn't have a made in or assembled in ... sticker anywhere on the unit itself.
?. I was responding to someone asking about clocking on the MPs. anyway...
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru
Guys they are "made" in the midwest US and probably have parts from other countries inside as do a gazilion other products.....No real mystery surrounding the company....
Old 1 day ago
Gear Guru

Exclamation

The IPS (Institute of Professional Sound) sent a film crew to IBC in Amsterdam and were interviewing various companies about new products.

The interview with Paul Isaacs of Sound Devices is HERE

If you want to see the other videos, the landing page is HERE
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search