The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New MixPre10 II substantially cheaper than MixPre10T?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipporu View Post
Why?
MixPre-3 646,22 €
647+(647 - 500)x0.3+10+20 = 721.1 € only.
We are talking about the median profitability of citizens.
For example, the average salary in Russia is about £400/mo. Yes, i’m not mistake in zeros.
Are you ready to buy this device (doesn’t matter of generation) for £8000?
Of course, no.
But i had to do it.
And now... SURPRISE!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkevich View Post
Ok, I forgot about the local nuances.
Keep your eyes on Boris (the UK one) for the next few months....
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
Keep your eyes on Boris (the UK one) for the next few months....
I’ll try to do it, but it will not easy because the news and dirty political games is not my main interests
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Ok folks, i have to relax!
I don't want for this sad event to overshadow my and your good mood.
In any case, the mixpre10T (1'st) is still works well and performs his tasks.
But when i will update my gears, I'll don’t buy SD again.
There are many equally worthy brands that never allow such a "racket" with their customers.

Peace, friendship and chewing gum for everyone!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Meh. I won't lie and say I wasn't disappointed originally, but I'm not going to get down on a company for adding new features to an existing product; and, to be honest, I've made this far without ever using a 32-bit recorder; I'm sure it's a nice feature to have, but is it necessary?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBono View Post
...but is it necessary?
For thoose, who make classical music recordings – exactly yes!
Old 1 week ago
Yeah, I think of how many great classical recordings still highly regarded as pinnacles of fidelity were made on 14, 16, and 18 bit systems.

I like the idea of a 32 bit converter because I like to use that format when I need an intermediary between programs, and having the file recorded that way seems convenient. But it’s hardly a necessity. Interested to see if more manufacturers pursue 32 bit converters as a new standard (RME, Merging, DAD, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkevich View Post
For thoose, who make classical music recordings – exactly yes!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2070lplaya View Post
And yet, think of how many great classical recordings that we still hold in high regard were made on 14, 16, and 18 bit systems...
Yes, you right. But now – another technologies and aproches to the recording.
With 32 bits we can to forget about clipping and don’t use any limiters and other dynamic gears.
Analogue tapes has a big range and good resist for overloads (i’ve a long time works in analogue), but it’s absolutely another way and “religion”.
Sorry for my stupid English.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru
Doesn't the current MixPre have 32bit converters technically? The new ones are floating point whatever that brings to the table right?
I don't see that as a huge deal but maybe I'm missing something.......

Given what it has in it a Mixpre is amazing for the money. I think they're able to capitalize on the design. A DI would be great but not sure how they'd do that if you use a control surface...... Yeah the reverb bug is annoying and CS is fantastic!......... Hope they continue updates and don't see why not. The new units aren't that different.......
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Doesn't the current MixPre have 32bit converters technically? The new ones are floating point whatever that brings to the table right?
I don't see that as a huge deal but maybe I'm missing something.......

Given what it has in it a Mixpre is amazing for the money. I think they're able to capitalize on the design. A DI would be great but not sure how they'd do that if you use a control surface...... Yeah the reverb bug is annoying and CS is fantastic!......... Hope they continue updates and don't see why not. The new units aren't that different.......
The first generation had 32 bit converters, probably the same ones as the new series, but they could not record a 32 bit float file. Only the internal processing was 32 bit. I don't know if I would ever record in anything greater than fixed 24 bit, but the improbability of digital clipping even without limiters makes the 32 bit float resolution somewhat appealing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search