The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I won't be doing any remote recordings for about 2 months
Old 3 weeks ago
I won't be doing any remote recordings for about 2 months

I was going to lunch with a friend and tripped on a parking curb in the restaurant's parking lot. I now have a hairline fracture of my tibia. The doctor says it is not a bad break but will take about 8 weeks to heal. So I now have a knee "appliance" and a walker. Not fun. Getting a lot of reading done and lots of maintenance work done so it is not a total loss. BUMMER FWIW
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

autsch - hope you'll recover soon and well!

do you have an assistant who can take care of (some of) your jobs? i'd be pretty much lost...
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
autsch - hope you'll recover soon!

do you have an assistant who can take care of (some of) your jobs? i'd be pretty much lost...
I have three interns who can do the work but it just feels wrong not to be out doing things...rrrrrrrrrrrrr. Such a stupid accident. I was literally talking to a friend and not paying attention to where I was going. YUCK!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
I have three interns who can do the work but it just feels wrong not to be out doing things...rrrrrrrrrrrrr. Such a stupid accident. I was literally talking to a friend and not paying attention to where I was going. YUCK!
i know what you mean: one of the most nerve wrecking aspects (at least to me: i had to take a break for almost two years due to health issues not too long ago) is that the injury keeps you reminded of the 'silly' accident/misfortune until things get better again... - reading a lot helps, not only to kill time but one can get some new ideas (or is a good opportunity to review some older literature)...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Ouch!

Hope you get better soon.
Old 3 weeks ago
Sorry, Thomas! Get well soon.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Best wishes for fast recovery!
Old 3 weeks ago
Thanks for all the good wishes. I just want this to be over and soon.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Maybe the cosmos is telling you it's time for a brief rest..and to give your interns a chance to step up to the plate and really shine in your absence (and reflect how good a tutor/mentor you've been for them !)

I wish you a speedy recovery...but when it comes to the work we do, it's important to remember that none of us is as indispensible or irreplaceable as we might like to believe.

So this becomes an opportunity to pass the mantle to those younger and thirstier for knowledge, and to prove themselves capable of filling our shoes competently ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
Maybe the cosmos is telling you it's time for a brief rest..and to give your interns a chance to step up to the plate and really shine in your absence (and reflect how good a tutor/mentor you've been for them !)

I wish you a speedy recovery...but when it comes to the work we do, it's important to remember that none of us is as indispensible or irreplaceable as we might like to believe.

So this becomes an opportunity to pass the mantle to those younger and thirstier for knowledge, and to prove themselves capable of filling our shoes competently ?

All good thoughts! Thanks!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sorry for your troubles, Thomas. I had some issues of my own that lightened my schedule considerably last Jan-Feb. The good news is that someday sooner than you think, all will mend and you'll be back in business.
Old 2 weeks ago
I go to the orthopedic doctor today for a two week follow up. I feel so much better and I am hoping he will have some good news. I am not used to being sick or immobile and this is NOT what I want to be doing. I am following the doctor's regimen to the letter and it is working. Thanks again for all the good thoughts!

UPDATE: The Orthopedic doctor says I am doing great and in three weeks I should be good. YEA!!!

Getting a lot of maintenance done and lots of paperwork and filing. I guess that is the "good thing" about what happened.

Last edited by Thomas W. Bethe; 1 week ago at 01:25 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search