The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help with Dante.....
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Help with Dante.....

Greetings all,

Is there anyone that I could hire you to do a screen share with me to help me figure out a workable audio networking solution…

I am converting my Pro Tools studio into more of a Live Streaming room - I have NDI cameras around the studio going to another room with Wirecast. All of that is working great…

My issue is the audio.

So I have my one main audio workstation with Pro Tools and Ableton Live and I want to be able to send and receive audio from Pro Tools computer (with an Apollo X6) to the Wirecast Mac mini (with a Rodecaster interface) and vice versa as needed….

I also have a 3rd iMac with Ableton and an Apollo Twin, so someone could be creating beats in Live... I want to be able to quickly stream that audio to the Pro Tools computer. (I wish the Apollo Twin had an optical output instead of just an input)

So, I thought, ok, I'll just try this Dante thing...

So I bought 3 copies of Dante Via and one copy of Virtual Sound Card and all 3 computers are hard wired through a Luxul switch and all the NDI cameras on the switch and video is working great… but Dante is being a pain in the ass or I am being stooooopid…. Everything shows up in Dante Controller, but no audio...

So, can I hire someone for a screen share? I am SO happy to pay for another brain who knows how to do this…

Is the issue the UA interfaces? Or am I doing something wrong.

Attached is a quick diagram of my three systems…

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Gina Fant-Simon
Attached Thumbnails
Help with Dante.....-computer_routing-diagram.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search