The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Best new reverbs?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quantec has not closed its doors. The company is run today by Dr. Almuth Buchleitner, Wolf’s wife. Production is in batches and often there are long lead times in obtaining a unit. I like Almuth a lot and she can help you or talk to Adebar Acoustics in Germany.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMetzinger View Post
Gotcha. Fully agree that what gets baked in silicon can be different than running in software.
When using external hardware in this way, does DAW processing latency become a factor, or is that automatically accounted for and adjusted by the DAW ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
When using external hardware in this way, does DAW processing latency become a factor, or is that automatically accounted for and adjusted by the DAW ?
When I print outboard effects to new tracks, the round trip latency through the interface (even Dante!) is automatically compensated. I validated this by sending a click out through an analog loopback, and then checked the alignment of the "original" and "looped" tracks.

I still haven't figured out how to make the effects part of the rendering process in Reaper yet. I'm sure it's possible, but haven't had a lot of free time to work on it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

They're all good nowadays, just about anyways. Just about getting them to sit right in the mix.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Has anyone tried comet by polyverse?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search