The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tags:

Sadie 5 recovering lost recording - Autosave etc.
Old 3rd July 2019
Deleted

Last edited by Geoff Poulton; 3rd July 2019 at 11:17 PM..
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Well Geoff, if more is less, you’ve spoken volumes.

But if some of us can help with a SADiE project, feel free to get in touch..

Which reminds me that SADiE have now joined forces with others and that includes TRAKTION software, one wonders if this is the genesis of the next thing ....

https://www.gearnews.com/tracktion-t...udio-squadron/

H
Old 4th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigbabe View Post

Which reminds me that SADiE have now joined forces with others and that includes TRAKTION software, one wonders if this is the genesis of the next thing ....

H
Oh! Thanks for replying. I had rather a panic on. I was preparing to master to CD a recording I had edited down, but after topping and tailing the tracks I hit a problem. I saved the work, but when I logged in the next time all of the ends of the tracks were missing, and I wasn't able to find Autosave anywhere on the machine (Sadie 5). (On earlier Sadies locating that was never a problem).

After much puzzling I think that I had started topping and tailing the tracks while the speed was not properly set up in the Set Up Window. The graphics showed everything was ok, but the audio behind the graphics must have been at the wrong speed, so the next time I logged on the speed came in correctly, but the graphics display showed the chopped off endings.

I just couldn't find a copy of all the work I had done anywhere, but then stumbled across a close copy. Since then, I've redone the day's work I lost, and am breathing easier. I've used earlier Sadies, and although I've had this Sadie 5 for quite some time, it's the first time I've edited on it.

One thing I have noticed is that the connections on the rear for channels 1&2 and 3&4 are reversed, and there is a special note stuck on the machine to indicate the error. On the mixer I see that the problem seems to have been corrected there by changing the busses. I'm wondering if it is because the boards have been assigned wrongly inside the Sadie. Perhaps they need changing over in there so that the mixer can look correct again, saying that I've assumed that two tracks are catered for by each board.

I'm the surfer that just misses the wave when it comes to technology I think, but I'm still a strong swimmer.

Thanks so much for replying...........you saw a drowning man and threw a lifebelt!
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigbabe View Post

H
Yet another incomprehensible move by Sadie. What does Traktion have to do with the Sadie app?
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Yes, it could be that the sample rate was incorrect when you edited. Upon reverting to the correct sample rate, the waveforms in the edl show as incomplete.

As far as your suspicion about the boards having an incorrect assignment, Steve Penn at headquarters can advise about your symptoms.

Best to call him in Ely.

Signed,

Your Chicago SADiST
Old 4th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Yes, it could be that the sample rate was incorrect when you edited. Upon reverting to the correct sample rate, the waveforms in the edl show as incomplete.

As far as your suspicion about the boards having an incorrect assignment, Steve Penn at headquarters can advise about your symptoms.

Best to call him in Ely.

Signed,

Your Chicago SADiST
Thanks Plush, the next time I do an SRC I will do a bounce rather than replace too, and I will certainly check everything over before pressing save and exiting!

I've just this minute completed the work I lost yesterday, it's 10:35pm here, and I'm putting the kettle on!

I'll send Steve Penn an email tomorrow and ask him what he thinks.

My learning curve at the moment looks more like a circle!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search