All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tags: , ,

Headphone Cueing?
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
Thanks. Here's a quote from your quote:

"The operator of the device shall be required to stop operating the device upon a finding by the Commission or its representative that the device is causing harmful interference."
So who did he say you were interfering with?

Hopefully you weren't attempting to use illegal 600 MHz wireless microphones. Those are not "Part 15" devices.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Crowley View Post
So who did he say you were interfering with?

Hopefully you weren't attempting to use illegal 600 MHz wireless microphones. Those are not "Part 15" devices.
I think he was alluding to a common attitude that because you can buy a wireless device you can use it however and where ever you want. This was not true then and it's even less true now.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
I think he was alluding to a common attitude that because you can buy a wireless device you can use it however and where ever you want. This was not true then and it's even less true now.
Absolutely, I agree completely.

But the blanket statement that there is no legal unlicensed use is just incorrect. The spectrum is rife with bands where unlicensed use is expressly permitted and designated.
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Crowley View Post
Absolutely, I agree completely.

But the blanket statement that there is no legal unlicensed use is just incorrect. The spectrum is rife with bands where unlicensed use is expressly permitted and designated.
I used to say this kind of thing to a very very experienced broadcast and RF engineer I know and he would just smile. He reminded me that being right does not keep you from getting hassled by the FCC if they get a complaint (from someone they listen to).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search