The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
CM4 Is Here. Let's start a thread for it and let the CM3 go on
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Well, look what the Postman brought in the mail today.

And only just over a week since I ordered them to my doorstep, so quite impressive turnaround.

Can't believe how cute and small the box is, let alone the contents! (2 x CM4 + 2 x CMEH)

Can't wait to get recording with these puppies - if only I was a slightly better pianist!
Attached Thumbnails
CM4 Is Here.  Let's start a thread for it and let the CM3 go on-line-audio.jpg   CM4 Is Here.  Let's start a thread for it and let the CM3 go on-line2.jpg  

Last edited by James Lehmann; 2 weeks ago at 05:48 PM..
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Can you upload any fragment with the choir singing?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Buying 4 CM4s next week.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Received 4 one month ago and I already know the CM-3 (I have 8).
I tried them on a few live recordings as spot and they are on the same league, no problem!

Fred.
Old 15 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo_prz View Post
Can you upload any fragment with the choir singing?
I am a bit busy these days, so not on short notice. Be aware however that the front row of the choir is standing about 8m away from the cm4/cm3 stand.

Regards,
Peter.
Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendriks View Post
I am a bit busy these days, so not on short notice. Be aware however that the front row of the choir is standing about 8m away from the cm4/cm3 stand.

Regards,
Peter.
8m from the front row of a choir?! isn't this a bit much for choir spots? are you happy with the results? (nothing to do with the mics but the distance)
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
8m from the front row of a choir?! isn't this a bit much for choir spots? are you happy with the results? (nothing to do with the mics but the distance)
It could work for some gregorian chant, I guess. The sound can have a lot of "climate". Curious. The orchestral samples souded very good!
Old 11 hours ago
Here for the gear

The CM4 in NOS with the CM3 spaced were the main microphones (CM3 230cm to the left and 230cm to the right).

The choirmusic was with orchestra, no Line Audio's as choir-spots (due to the acoustics of the church), but super-cardioïds. The choral music: Bach with really small orchestra, Rheinberger a bit more players, Mendelssohn with full orchestra before the break. Then the Brahms-Schönberg after the break.

With this in mind it can still be interesting to hear the results of the cm4 and cm3, no spots mixed, like in the sample of Brahms-Schönberg.

Regards,
Peter.
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendriks View Post
The CM4 in NOS with the CM3 spaced were the main microphones (CM3 230cm to the left and 230cm to the right).

The choirmusic was with orchestra, no Line Audio's as choir-spots (due to the acoustics of the church), but super-cardioïds. The choral music: Bach with really small orchestra, Rheinberger a bit more players, Mendelssohn with full orchestra before the break. Then the Brahms-Schönberg after the break.

With this in mind it can still be interesting to hear the results of the cm4 and cm3, no spots mixed, like in the sample of Brahms-Schönberg.

Regards,
Peter.
thx - i mixed up things/wasn't clear that you were referring to the pics you posted: i though you were talking about using them as 'spots' at 8m (and hence was wondering not only about their distance but even more about the distance of mains then...)

regarding genre/compositions, i tend NOT to think of my gear as being suited specifically, not even any technique - (as previously mentioned elsewhere) all of my gear is 100% genre agnostic...

[in fact, i'm in the (looong) process of recording all of gesualso's libri with a somewhat experimental vocal consort and we're relying heavily on the use of closely positioned modern ldc's, of course in addition to mains (and ambis)!]
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search