The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DAD AX32 Issue
Old 29th May 2019
Here for the gear

DAD AX32 Issue

Hi everyone !

I just received a new DAD AX32 unit (3 Mic AD Cards / 1 DA Card / Dante Module).The problem I have is that my PC does not see the DAD, so that I'm unable to use the Dadman software.

In Settings/Device list, nothing appears at all.
But in Dante Controller, I can see the device Penta with 64 in and 64 out.

It seems to be an IP problem.
Someone could help me ?

Thanks a lot.

Damien
Old 29th May 2019
Lives for gear

Maybe it is blocked by ativirus / firewall ?

I had some serious issues with my NAS a couple of weeks ago, could not login anymore as administrator. I thought it was hacked ... After 2 days I found out the latest antivirus update had forbidden access to it, even from within my office network ! No visible warnings ...
Old 29th May 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks Yannick.
Everything works now : I realized that I couldn't link the DAD directly to the PC ethernet card. I linked it through the internet box and it was fine.

Damien
Old 29th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv59 View Post
Thanks Yannick.
Everything works now : I realized that I couldn't link the DAD directly to the PC ethernet card. I linked it through the internet box and it was fine.

Damien
Weird, because I have done that and it worked.
Old 29th May 2019
You can connect AX32 directly to your PC, they just should be on the same subnet, like 192.168.1.xxx (with subnet mask 255.255.255.0), see manual p.12 and p.21. If you connect both devices directly you should manually configure IP address as well as subnet mask on both devices.

If you have network with DHCP server you can switch all devices to obtain IP addresses automatically.

But, from my experience, I prefer to use static IP addressing on my Dante network.

Best,
Norm
Old 29th May 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks Norm. I watched Yamaha videos that explain the basics. A friend of mine will help me to finalize the setup.

Another problem came out : there's a noise, continuous (clic clic clic clic...), not loud but clearly discernible. I'm not talking about the boot time, but later. Is that your case too ?

The unit came with two PSU despite the fact there are only 4 cards connected. Could it be the problem ?

Thanks.
Damien
Old 29th May 2019
No any noise here and shouldn't be.
Have no idea, does it sound like relays clicks? may be defective fan?
Since you have a warranty contact your dealer is the best idea, I think.

Norm
Old 30th May 2019
Here for the gear

Today after a few hours the unit became hotter and the noise disappeared. I can hear a normal fan noise. Let's keep the fingers crossed.

If any user could tell me how to link two channels in Dadman in order to get a stereo pair (on the DA card for instance), it would be very nice.

Best regards,
Damien
Old 30th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Today after a few hours the unit became hotter and the noise disappeared. I can hear a normal fan noise. Let's keep the fingers crossed.
How have you mounted this? Have you kept the lower and upper vents clear?
The fans haven't come on in normal use for me (for years.) And mine is always on.
Old 31st May 2019
Quote:
If any user could tell me how to link two channels in Dadman in order to get a stereo pair (on the DA card for instance), it would be very nice.
No, you can not link channels in DADman.
Old 2nd June 2019
Here for the gear

Hi Yannick, Norm and Pentagon,

Everything works perfectly now.
I managed to connect the Ax32 directly to my PC. It was an IP address problem.

As for the noise, it's gone. I removed CPL plug (Powerline plug) and it was probably the cause.

The unit works fantastically.
Thanks to everyone.

Best regards,
Damien
Old 2nd June 2019
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hi Yannick, Norm and Pentagon,

Everything works perfectly now.
I managed to connect the Ax32 directly to my PC. It was an IP address problem.

As for the noise, it's gone. I removed CPL plug (Powerline plug) and it was probably the cause.

The unit works fantastically.
Thanks to everyone.

Best regards,
Damien
Hi Damien,

Can you please drop me an e-mail on jan.lykke(at)ntp.dk? I would like to understand what has happened and make sure there are no potential issues.

Thanks,
Jan
Old 26th June 2019
Here for the gear

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the message. I sent you an email in french.

Best regards,
Damien
Old 27th June 2019
Here for the gear

Hi everyone,

New problem today : the unit doesn't switch on. Yesterday, I used it without any problem. Anyone knows how to check if it's a fuse problem ?
Many thanks.

Damien
Old 27th June 2019
Here for the gear

The fuse was blown. Great support from Jan Lykke (DAD) and Digitalaudioservice.de.

The unit works great again.
Damien
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

New Version of DADman was posted to Avid today. Usually DAD posts first but it should probably be showing up soon (it wasn't on the DAD's website earlier.)
No release notes on this up yet. I'm assuming Mojave support but I'm on High Sierra so can't confirm. Also added support for extra Digilink Mini cards (since that support showed up in the just released Pro Tools and those cards are now shipping.)

New Version number is 5.3.3.2 (5.3.3 build 2b) for Dadman
No firmware updates for Dante or Base Unit have been posted.

Last version around AX32 and MTRX software packages were synced up so it should be the same (I think)

Just looked at the manual more closely and there should be a firmware update for the system coming (2.3.0.1) -- at least the MTRX version. It's mentioned there.

Last edited by pentagon; 27th June 2019 at 07:38 PM..
Old 27th July 2019
Here for the gear

DADman 5.3.4 build 3 available.

Damien
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
DADman 5.3.4 build 3 available.

Damien
Installed that. DAD haven't updated notes for what has changed.
Have you noticed anything? (I'm not seeing anything new so may just be a bug fix -- bugs I haven't noticed yet -- or have to do with the new HDX option)

Avid still haven't posted it to their site yet (only DAD.)

They (or Avid) still haven't fixed a Eucon bug with Monitor A and Ref. If you enable Ref and disable Ref on any of the Monitors (A-D), Eucon stops working to control the Monitor outputs and the only way to bring the functionality back is to disable/re-enable Eucon from DADman. This doesn't happen with the Main/Control Room output which works fine.
Old 28th July 2019
Gear Nut

Hi guys,

The key feature of DADman 5.3.4 is the long-awaited Mojave support. The difference between 5.3.3, which has been available for a while through Avid, and 5.3.4, is that 5.3.3 is restricted to certain colour profiles whereas 5.3.4 works on any colour profile.

Another feature of 5.3.4 (and 5.3.3) is the ability to name MADI, Dante and SDI connections in the routing matrix. This has been an issue for those who have multiple MADI and/or Dante interfaces as it has been difficult to for them to easily identify the different interfaces.

Best regards,
Jan
Old 1st August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpjl View Post
whereas 5.3.4 works on any colour profile.
Nope. Still not fixed.

Had my colour profile set to a calibrated profile and the dim and cut buttons would not disengage (though my Eucon was showing them switching on and off as I clicked on them.)
Switched my colour profile to a default and then they started working again in DADman.

macOS 10.13.6
DADman 5.3.4.3

colour set to Light Grey in DADman (don't know if this matters but might as well share)
Old 1st August 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Nope. Still not fixed.

Had my colour profile set to a calibrated profile and the dim and cut buttons would not disengage (though my Eucon was showing them switching on and off as I clicked on them.)
Switched my colour profile to a default and then they started working again in DADman.

macOS 10.13.6
DADman 5.3.4.3

colour set to Light Grey in DADman (don't know if this matters but might as well share)
Hi Pentagon,

Can you please drop me an e-mail with your contact details as I would like to have some more details. Please send to jan.lykke (at) ntp.dk.

Thanks,
Jan
Old 1st August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpjl View Post
Hi Pentagon,

Can you please drop me an e-mail with your contact details as I would like to have some more details. Please send to jan.lykke (at) ntp.dk.

Thanks,
Jan
Sent

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search