The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Shure Twinplex - Any Experience?
Old 17th April 2019
Gear Addict

Shure Twinplex - Any Experience?

At least on paper these look like they should give the DPA 4060/4061 a run for its money, though they're not much less expensive. Has anyone actually heard them?
Old 17th April 2019
Lives for gear

Since it's Shure I'd automatically consider them. For me the lavs are really too large for a lot of what I do--I've been spoiled by B6s: very thin cable and tiny head. Their headset mic has pretty visible adjustment knobs on either side near the ear hooks--I think DPAs way of dealing with the earpieces and adjustment for head size is less visually distracting and might hug the wearer's head better? In my usage it's ok for the headset mic to be visible but not make the talent look like that have a comm headset on.... But I would like to hear all these mics. No stock connectors for Lectro, Wisy, Zax or Senn? I guess you'd have to go microdot and get your own adapters.
Old 17th April 2019
It would be nice to see if they are, what I think of as, recording quality. Shure does make good live mics already, this is a welcome addition if the can measure up to DPA standards. Certainly interested.
Old 18th April 2019
I was quite impressed by their video advert I saw on Instagram yesterday.

Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
I was quite impressed by their video advert I saw on Instagram yesterday.

That is pretty cool!

I wonder if the sound for the video was recorded with Twinplex lavs.

If so I didn’t think they were quite as natural or “nice” sounding as say a DPA 4060, but certainly not bad. More in the COS-11 world. I may pick one up to try out.

-Mike
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search