The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: , ,

Location, location, location indeed! Studio Monitors
Old 10th April 2019
Super Moderator

Location, location, location indeed!

FOH Magazine did an online article about, "Making Connections When the Recording/Broadcast Truck Shows Up."

You can check out the article by clicking on the link below. It's a quick read...

Location, Location, Location << FOH | Front of House Magazine

For your review, I also attached a few images of Elroy and the Tiny Big Mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
Location, location, location indeed!-steve-remote-lawo-mc2-66-board-elroy-foh.jpg   Location, location, location indeed!-steve-remote-board-tbm-during-nff17-foh.jpg   Location, location, location indeed!-tbm-inside-wide-view.jpg   Location, location, location indeed!-05-elroy-move.jpg   Location, location, location indeed!-05-elroy-front-driverside-exterior.jpg  

Location, location, location indeed!-05-elroy-rest.jpg  
Old 11th April 2019
Lives for gear

Nice article. I always like looking at the pictures you post.

Tom
Old 11th April 2019
Super Moderator

Thanks so much, Tommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-boy View Post
Nice article. I always like looking at the pictures you post.

Tom
Old 11th April 2019
Lives for gear

Nice article Steve - congrats and thanks for sharing. Odd request perhaps, but can you post a picture of Elroy's interior with pop-outs folded in? I'm trying to visualize what cool origami happens to reduce Elroy to road width. Thanks.
Old 12th April 2019
Super Moderator

Sure thing. Here are two images of Elroy; one is a close-up view of Elroy's interior studio space in travel mode and another is a wide shot of the fully expanded space without any extra equipment.

Notice the front speaker shelves which are nearly eight feet wide when expanded are actually a 1/2 inch apart from each other when collapsed. Also, the rear surround speakers are about one foot or so apart from each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjazzdad View Post
Nice article Steve - congrats and thanks for sharing. Odd request perhaps, but can you post a picture of Elroy's interior with pop-outs folded in? I'm trying to visualize what cool origami happens to reduce Elroy to road width. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Location, location, location indeed!-000-travel-mode-close-up-view-elroys-inside-studio-space..jpg   Location, location, location indeed!-000-elroy-looking-good....jpg  
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

How do you secure the speakers during transit? Do they stay on the shelves or do you stow them elsewhere?

I'm trying to figure out a solution to keep my speakers in place during transit so I don't have to stow them, which is what they are currently set up for.
Old 12th April 2019
Super Moderator

On board Tiny Big Mobile, the speakers are secured via L Brackets that are attached to the Neumann KH120A speakers. A knurled bolt is used on each speaker to keep them attached during transit and when on site. The center speaker can be replaced with a video monitor rack when a LCR or surround system is not used.

On board Elroy the front speakers are stowed away when traveling. I plan to have them semi-permanently mounted, similar to what I have designed for Tiny Big Mobile. The rear surround speakers are attached to Omnimounts and stay in place during travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
How do you secure the speakers during transit? Do they stay on the shelves or do you stow them elsewhere?

I'm trying to figure out a solution to keep my speakers in place during transit so I don't have to stow them, which is what they are currently set up for.
Old 13th April 2019
Super Moderator

I attached a few images of the Tiny Big Mobile's speaker system build out project for your review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post

Attached Thumbnails
Location, location, location indeed!-fb_img_1555109485736.jpg   Location, location, location indeed!-fb_img_1555109469122.jpg   Location, location, location indeed!-fb_img_1555109518118.jpg   Location, location, location indeed!-fb_img_1555109500447.jpg   Location, location, location indeed!-fb_img_1555109492925.jpg  

Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search