The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Incipient Senality ?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Incipient Senality ?

Is this some low budget wonder that I (we ?) have allowed to creep under the radar without notice ....so many 5 star ratings, so little known or discussed here. Or am I just becoming senile ?

Should I immediately buy 5 pairs to accompany my headphone amp for sessions...or just an aberration...or a simple low-cost Sino copy of something infinitely more worthy ? ?

Users.... please chime in with your comments & impressions...!

Senal SMH-1000 Professional Field and Studio Monitor SMH-1000

The reports would seem to suggest.."sounds good (while the cable lasts....) "

And while B+H claims "Midrange Refined to Reduce Ear Fatigue"....well, who's against 'refinement' ?

Not I...but, just what is it, exactly ?
Old 1 week ago
I have the impression that it looks wonderful... but the nagging little voices in the dim recesses of my brain tell me, "Ha! "Refinement," is it? Ain't that a fancy way of sayin' dat in some which way it didn't turn out as planned?"

Like the first product testers came back with, "Sheesh, for a list price of 80 bucks, sure seems like the midrange got left out on Bleeker Street!"
Old 1 week ago
So buy a pair and listen and decide for yourself. Sometimes, no most times you cannot tell a good book by its cover... FWIW
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
or a simple low-cost Sino copy of something infinitely more worthy ? ?
I don't know about "infinitely more worthy", but Sony MDR-7506, clearly.

Quote:
Users.... please chime in with your comments & impressions...!
Admittedly I cannot comment from experience.

Quote:
"sounds good (while the cable lasts....) "
This is exactly the kind of concern I would not want to have when actually using a product like this, when an alternative with a proven track record for reliability and "known quantity" (if not glorious) sound is available for not that much more money.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I'd rather pay twice that amount for the ATH m-50x, which I think is much better all around than the 7506 (and likely this "clone"). Better sound, 3 detachable cables, more rugged in general. I had pair get soaked in salt water and still work after drying out. I've seen a lot of people switch from 7506 to m50x, including musicians who've used my m50x's. Plus I use Sonarworks Reference 4 for all of my headphone work, and there isn't a profile for the Senal...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have no opinion. I only clicked because I wanted to see what a post with the heading, "Incipient Senality" would actually contain.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search