The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rode : Wireless Go Condenser Microphones
Old 1 week ago
  #1
Lives for gear
Rode : Wireless Go

This looks compact...if it performs well it could change the landscape of low budget wireless quite a bit: RODE Microphones - Wireless GO

YouTube
Old 1 week ago
  #2
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
This looks compact...if it performs well it could change the landscape of low budget wireless quite a bit: RODE Microphones - Wireless GO

YouTube
i want two !!!! or 4 maybe !! they did put an 8 system limit to one area !! so no giant wireless systems with multiple antennas ... but i love this .. i need two around for emergency recordings .. 199.00 a system is crazy cool cheap
Old 1 week ago
  #3
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
i want two !!!! or 4 maybe !! they did put an 8 system limit to one area !! so no giant wireless systems with multiple antennas ... but i love this .. i need two around for emergency recordings .. 199.00 a system is crazy cool cheap
Rode releases new product...world goes nuts....
Old 1 week ago
  #4
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
Rode releases new product...world goes nuts....


i had twelve cups of coffe ... HELP !!!!
Old 1 week ago
  #5
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
i had twelve cups of coffe ... HELP !!!!
Was that before or after you read the announcement by Rode ?
Old 1 week ago
  #6
Lives for gear
 
JCBigler's Avatar
2.4GHz is getting a bit crowded these days. And the latency usually associated with that band won't make it great for real theatre productions.
Old 1 week ago
  #7
Lives for gear
 
JCBigler's Avatar
Oh, yeah, and in other news: the new TFM-50, NT-49, NT-RV, and version 2 of the NT5 mics that they promised us over 2 years ago now are still no where to be seen.
Old 1 week ago
  #8
Battery life is way too low for a full production day. And no locking connector is a big risk to put on talent!
Old 1 week ago
  #9
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
Battery life is way too low for a full production day. And no locking connector is a big risk to put on talent!
This looks like the sort of device aimed at domestic/hobbyist/semi or less-pro market, where those are acceptable trade-offs for low price ?
Old 1 week ago
  #10
Oh for sure, they'll sell tonnes of these to youtubers/hobbyists/students
Old 1 week ago
  #11
Lives for gear
 
hbphotoav's Avatar
 

Two Sennheiser SK100s, with a SKP100 plug-on transmitter (for use with dynamic handhelds) in reserve, are worth every "extra" dollar I paid if the gig depends on reliable RF mic'ing into a camera. Only thing missing is a SKP500 G4 for the MKH8060. If I was doing more video, I'd have one in a heartbeat. Same tuning ranges as the EW series... and they sound great. Not quite Lectrosonic great... but they'll do.

Nothing against Rode... they're riding the market. But there's a lot not to love about 2.4GHz and reliable audio transmission/reception.

One old guy's opinion.

HB
Old 1 week ago
  #12
Lives for gear
 

might mis-use a few to feed into an analyzer when mixing live...
Old 1 week ago
  #13
Lives for gear
 
JCBigler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
might mis-use a few to feed into an analyzer when mixing live...
They’re probably filled with all kinds of companding and compression software, which would make them less than useless for measurement purposes.
Old 1 week ago
  #14
Lives for gear
 

i do not intend using them for serious measuring tasks (the b&k does much better) yet i hope that attaching some of the devices to the vocalists mic stands could get me an idea on how their wedge sound is 'polluted' when mixing auxes from foh without the need for patching live mic's signals into the measuring circuit...
Old 1 week ago
  #15
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
i do not intend using them for serious measuring tasks (the b&k does much better) yet i hope that attaching some of the devices to the vocalists mic stands could get me an idea on how their wedge sound is 'polluted' when mixing auxes from foh without the need for patching live mic's signals into the measuring circuit...
thats some good thinkin' ..

i would like to have them in my bag for Justin Case !!! need another mic but no more cables, or you do not have any long enough cables .. but best yet is .. Live Show, you have a Mic Crap out, no more good pairs in the Snake (road gig not your gear - ha) .. you could send the Tech onstage and just plug one of these in !!!

just a Throw down Wireless anything !!!

i wonder if you can turn them around and make IFB's / in-ears out of them ?? MOno of course

just an all around good thing for your Kit ..

curious how they Scan for open areas within 2.4ghz .. and how they play well with others in tha range, as was mentioned above it can get pretty crowded ..

i deal with it all the time on Location Gigs, when live music is being recorded .. the PA mixers have 2.4ghz for their Tuning Programs ... i ran into this for the 1st time working on a DVD recording for RUSH !! and have now seen them all the time ...

cheers john only two cups of Coffe, less excited .. haha
Old 1 week ago
  #16
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
...the PA mixers have 2.4ghz for their Tuning Programs ... i ran into this for the 1st time working on a DVD recording for RUSH !! and have now seen them all the time ...
guess i'm rather 'old chool': if there is something to get remotely controlled, i'll run a cable (or try packing data on a madi stream). i do get upset if this connection gets interrupted but i'm not much surprised if anything wireless goes wrong!

looks like a funny toy though - let's see how it performs under real world conditions (crowded venues/large events with lots of rf traffic)...

not yet exited, not even after two coffees :-)
Old 1 week ago
  #17
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
guess i'm rather 'old chool': if there is something to get remotely controlled, i'll run a cable (or try packing data on a madi stream). i do get upset if this connection gets interrupted but i'm not much surprised if anything wireless goes wrong!

looks like a funny toy though - let's see how it performs under real world conditions (crowded venues/large events with lots of rf traffic)...

not yet exited, not even after two coffees :-)
haha ... the ones i have seen were used in Large Arenas / Venues to align the System Delays and such i beleive !! no cables is easier for the Tour .. and they are ONLY used during Soundcheck so they do not interfere during Show .. but can be a Speacial Time testing and not knowing what you will get during show .. good times ..
Old 1 week ago
  #18
Lives for gear
 

i'm fine using a wifi remote control in smaller venues/on smaller shows but for large scale events, i'm going a different strategy:

i'm not using wifi for any important tasks!

i much rather stick transmitters on my measurement mics (one often cannot always walk large venues anyway) and i'll survive any show if one of several measurement mics would go down (never happend so far plus i don't care if someone could be listening to these), but i'd be scared if i'd loose control of the system processors (or if control could get hijacked...)!
Old 1 week ago
  #19
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
i'm fine using a wifi remote control in smaller venues/on smaller shows but for large scale events, i'm going a different strategy:

i'm not using wifi for any important tasks!

i much rather stick transmitters on my measurement mics (one often cannot always walk large venues anyway) and i'll survive any show if one of several measurement mics would go down (never happend so far plus i don't care if someone could be listening to these), but i'd be scared if i'd loose control of the system processors (or if control could get hijacked...)!
fully agreed, thats why the guys only used the 2.4ghz for Soundcheck, Saved Settings, and then removed the System !!! very smart !!!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
marian68 / Newbie audio engineering + production question zone
2
Lorenzop / Low End Theory
6
prologicmusic / So much gear, so little time
6

Forum Jump
Forum Jump