The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tlm 107
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Tlm 107

I’ve had a pair of TLM107 for a few months now and I wanted to just give a quick report because I am so impressed with them. I’ve used them for remote jazz recordings, some video work and lots of studio multitrack work. They sound terific- basically you can put them in front of anything and they give you an accurate, clean, pleasant capture. I’ve used them on percussion, acoustic guitars, classical guitars, guitar amps, upright bass, female vocals, woodwinds, all kinds of things. It sounds like what the current 414 *should* sound like. I have plenty of specialized tools- mkh80’s, a few pair of schoeps with various capsules, u67s, u87s, 47fets, etc... and I while for certain things I might prefer another mic, I would happily grab these 107’s and put them on anything.
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Maniac

How is figure of 8 for you (compared with mkh80...)?
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Addict

I use 4 TLM107s as spot microphones on almost every classical production (ensemble and orchester) I record.
Fantastic microphone.
As spot microphone it fits perfectly in a M150 or MKH800 twin main pair.
Works very well for french horns or violins but also for solo classical voices, at least from baritone to soprano.
last year with Mahler "Wunderhorn" I had a pair of TLM170 and a pair of TLM107 for the singers, each pair gave me a really nice option and I chose one or the other one that matched better the specific voice.
Attached Thumbnails
Tlm 107-wunderslutz.jpg  
Old 30th March 2019
Lives for gear

it's a versatile mic - i prefer the tlm170 on most occasions though!
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Addict

Another one, last week, Mozart KV365.
Fig8, worked very well with one piano in the null of the other one.
Fred
Attached Thumbnails
Tlm 107-mozart5.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search