The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Classical recording in the Netherlands today, with Pyramix and banana pancakes DAW Software
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Classical recording in the Netherlands today, with Pyramix and banana pancakes

I'm sure you'll find this recent article interesting, an interview with a master in the field... Guido Tichelman

Plenty of audio samples and location photos, including those of a typical edit in Pyramix, and insights into the role of a classical music producer...whose output averages 30 CD's per year.

Cookies op de Volkskrant

His latest resulted in a 2018 Grammy for him: Barbara Hannigan's "Crazy Girl Crazy" YouTube

As the article is from a Dutch magazine, you'll probably need to use Google Translate, I find the translation (to English) impeccable.....well done Google ...and well done Guido also !
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Here is Guido T's "other Project"....for the times when he's not producing 30 CD's per year....

A massive job of work in scope...to cover all of JS Bach's works, in HD video and superb audio.

Here's the introductory sampler: YouTube

Here's the library thus far: YouTube
and All works up to now - All of Bach

This is one uploaded recently: YouTube
Old 6 days ago
Thank you so much for sharing!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
This is one uploaded recently: YouTube
I am hoping for some comments from the best seat in the house, avoid the near field, single stereo pair crowd.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

off topic comment from a cheap seat:

i'm aware of many productions of the ndt and how its work is getting appreciated inside the ballet world but i didn't know it had such a profound effect on musicians: some musicians in the video linked above are as much into dancing as into playing their instrument...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

If you need the cobwebs cleaned out of your ears.
YouTube
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Spearritt View Post
If you need the cobwebs cleaned out of your ears.
YouTube
Yup..these guys (engineers:Guido et al ...players: Lars Ulrik et al) really do know their sh*t ...and are all working at the top of their game. A masterclass for the rest of us !
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
off topic comment from a cheap seat:

i'm aware of many productions of the ndt and how its work is getting appreciated inside the ballet world but i didn't know it had such a profound effect on musicians: some musicians in the video linked above are as much into dancing as into playing their instrument...
advice for the cheap seats...maybe you need to bring your binoculars or opera glasses next time....for additional insights ?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
advice for the cheap seats...maybe you need to bring your binoculars or opera glasses next time....for additional insights ?
you must be wearing glasses (too)? the comment from the cheap seats was aiming at the challenge of capturing musicians who move a lot - obviously well done in this example.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search