The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
need some help from a guru please Audio Interfaces
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

need some help from a guru please

so in my infinite wisdom, and due to some minor windows glitches, I reset my pc to reinstall windows 10. I reinstalled reaper, and installed focusrite control mix software and the scarlett 18i8 usb driver. however, after rebooting, uninstalling 5 times and reinstalling everything, I keep getting "no hardware connected' and "error initializing audio device' . the focusrite driver shows up under ASIO, but no inputs or outputs are listed. the focusrite hardware does not show up in device manager under sound, video and game controllers. I am at a loss here - please help. thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Had this happen several times with Focusrite interfaces. Check this troubleshooting page from Focusrite, 9/10 it's step number 2.

Focusrite Control is showing 'No Hardware Connected' – Focusrite Audio Engineering

You'll probably need to reboot after making the changes.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

jc - no focusrite services show up in local services
Old 1 week ago
I don't have any suggestions for you, just some condolences.
My main computer died suddenly last October. I was able to get by using my remote computing lap top, but it took my over 2 months to research and buy a new computer, re-install all my HW and SW (the OS and most of the software needed updates), much "internet asking questions", and get back to "normal" operations.
I am still learning the quirks of the new versions of my old software (I was 10 to 15 years behind in updates).

I hope you get back running much faster than I did.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You don't happen to have a first gen Scarlett 18i8 do you? Those interfaces don't work with Fcousrite Control and you have to download the Scarlett control software instead.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I figured it out. I was trying to use the Scarlett control mix software. I uninstalled it, and tried the focusrite mix control instead, and now alles klar. Thanks for helping, JC.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search