The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
any direct mic sources in Japan who will export ? Dynamic Microphones
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
any direct mic sources in Japan who will export ?

I'm looking for an Audio Technica mic (ATM25) which, once available worldwide, has now been pulled back so that it's only sold in Japan. Don't know why...I'm sure they have their reasons, it's listed as discontinued for the rest of the world ?

ATM25 | マイクロホン | 楽器関連製品 | オーディオテクニカ

Short of buying a used sample locally, does anyone have a reliable Japanese audio gear source they're prepared to recommend for me to follow up on (to buy a new mic) ?

Obviously this 'exclusivity' policy applies to other A-T products as well: Import Series: Direct from Japan || Audio-Technica

and this notice originates from the US hq (I've emailed them, but no reply yet)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I see several listings on eBay, all marked as new in box, from Japan. Between about $240 and $260.

What do you like about this mic? And what other mics do they only sell in Japan?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
I see several listings on eBay, all marked as new in box, from Japan. Between about $240 and $260.

What do you like about this mic? And what other mics do they only sell in Japan?
It seems to rate quite highly in several kick/tom mic shootouts. I'm not sure what other mics are in the same boat but I suspect there is some market manipulation going on (eg when a 'new improved' version is released, an older one gets pulled...at least from the international range)

They have a pretty "impressive" list of discontinued mics (at least for the West, not sure if it applies to Japan): Discontinued Products || Audio-Technica US

Thanks for the eBay listings, I guess if I choose carefully I can hopefully avoid the fakes (A-T put out this warning, although all large mic mfrs are victim to this nowadays) : Unauthorized Online Resellers || Audio-Technica US

I suspect this might be a very 'leaky' list...always several steps behind the bad guys....?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I won't give you a sales pitch, but if you are serious about buying one I can help.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
I won't give you a sales pitch, but if you are serious about buying one I can help.
Thanks...I've sent you a PM
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
What do you like about this mic?
It’s a fantastic kick mic. I’d put it up there with a the d12 but you have a much much better bet finding a functioning atm25.
Also really great on toms.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

See if TAG (Technical Audio Group) in Sydney have any stock. Nice company.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search