The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Merging Anubis Audio Interfaces
Old 11 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMetzinger View Post
Dante USB adapter, and AES67 to the Anubis?
Maybe if it were something reliable like the RME Dante interface? Though I don't think the protocol is compatible with DSD if you opt for the premium version. Could one plug it into the computer via ethernet as well as the dante to usb via hub to use the Merging virtual ASIO drivers when desired and let windows use the usb drivers? I'm not even sure if all Dante interfaces are AES67 compliant and will work with the Anubis. Too many questions....

This is all new territory for me since I have never used a network interface, I need a good primer to read.
Old 11 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumleymusic View Post

This is all new territory for me since I have never used a network interface, I need a good primer to read.
What's been your main interface in recent times?
Old 11 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Maybe if it were something reliable like the RME Dante interface? Though I don't think the protocol is compatible with DSD if you opt for the premium version. Could one plug it into the computer via ethernet as well as the dante to usb via hub to use the Merging virtual ASIO drivers when desired and let windows use the usb drivers? I'm not even sure if all Dante interfaces are AES67 compliant and will work with the Anubis. Too many questions....
Good questions.
Old 11 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em2016 View Post
What's been your main interface in recent times?
RME UFX (was stolen), UFX+, and Babyface Pro in my edit room. All USB. I like RME as you can see. Reliable.

After a bit more research. It does look like the Audinate's own Dante "Virtual Sound Card" works with AES67 devices and allows routing from the computer's WDM drivers. Presumably one could just plug the Merging into the computer's ethernet port and use Dante VSC as a computer driver, though I don't know how that would conflict with Merging's own drivers when using a DAW or the network control of the interface.

Any Hapi/Horus user insights?

Last edited by rumleymusic; 11 hours ago at 03:27 AM..
Old 11 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
RME (was stolen), +, and Pro in my edit room. All USB. I like RME as you can see. Reliable.

After a bit more research. It does look like the Audinate's own Dante "Virtual Sound Card" works with AES67 devices and allows routing from the computer's WDM drivers. Presumably one could just plug the Merging into the computer's ethernet port and use Dante VSC as a computer driver, though I don't know how that would conflict with Merging's own drivers when using a DAW or the network control of the interface.

Any Hapi/Horus user insights?
Great question. Hopefully someone here can help out.

Maybe also a good question for one of the Hapi/Horus threads.

Also Merging has their own forum too:

Merging Technologies - Index page
Old 10 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailspn View Post
Both.
That is awesome! Thank you!
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear

Interesting collaboration with Sonosax in the design and miniaturisation.
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Head

Does anybody know if the Anubis should work on a Masscore Windows 7 32 bits system?
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Dear Merging,
Shut up and take my money!
I’m extremely pleased with this offering.
My HAPI Da-P’s are all taken up on my Mastering desk, and to have an ‘on the go’ box with
-The same DA’s
-headphone for laptop use

Makes it great
both for QC, and to maybe even have a dedicated 44.1 stream for playing back references off a laptop (when my main rig is at 96k)
-makes this an instant buy for me!!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search