The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Zoom LiveTrak with high-end external preamps Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Zoom LiveTrak with high-end external preamps

I love, love, love the feature set of the Zoom L-20 for DAW recording @ 44.1K, but I also love good audio. To that end, I wonder if anyone has any experiences of sending great preamps (Neve, Millennia, API, True Systems, etc.) into the 1/4" balanced (TRS) inputs of the board. If so, what did you think?
Old 2 weeks ago
Back when I had a Zoom R16, I usually fed it with a Grace 801. The recordings received very good reviews. This wouldn't have been possible with the old H2, which didn't accept line level, but the R16 did fine.

Watch your gain, watch your meters, and you should be OK. Use watcha got and add what you can!

Good luck and post some samples!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Note that the dedicated line inputs on channels 17-20 are unbalanced, and that you need to sacrifice a pair of them for DAW recording if you want to hear what's coming back from the computer. But you can run line ins to channels 1-16 just fine.

That said, the L-20 mic preamps are very good IMO. Certainly a world apart from those of the R16.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search