The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags:

Soundelux e49? Condenser Microphones
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Soundelux e49?

I'll be recording an album in a largish (45X30ft) wooden and tile room. Chamber music: Piano, Flutes, Clarinets, Tabla, Electronics. The space has a very nice monitoring situation in the control room—looking forward to showing up to a tuned acoustic for monitoring! The space has plenty of excellent gear—most of it tube, very colored, a lot of Chandler stuff. I will still bring all my usual preamps and mics because I want to use what I am comfortable with, since I wont have tons of time to audition. But, and here is my question, I am curious about the possible uses of a pair of Soundelux e49? I was thinking of using them as ambiance mics, but tell me what you like a tube mic for on contemporary classical music.

My main setup will likely include Schoeps CMC6 (Rens Mod) with Mk2 or 21 and Pueblo Mic amps. Several AEA mics and Senn MKH as well. Do these Soundelux fit into this party?

There is also an ELAM 251 and a few other heavy swingers I am not used to having around.

Thoughts?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I got two direct messages saying the same thing. These mics are too dark for this application.

Done.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search