The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Nagra VII this month??? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

New Nagra VII this month???

I am starting a thread hoping to find out when a new Nagra VII can be purchased. If anyone has any news of updates to the VI, that is welcome as well.
THANKS!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If you get in contact with Matthieu Latour at Nagra, I'm sure he can advise you about the Nagra Seven with the new metal front. Have not heard anything about updates to the Nagra VI.

Nagra is now a hi-fi company.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
If they discontinue the field recorders, the VI and the EMP will be just as sought after as the IV-S in years to come.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Not sure why you mention the word "discontinue?"

Nagra never said that. I never said it.

They feature the machines in all their promos.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Exclamation

Seeing as the portable recorder is the essence of Nagra (and where they got their name from) it would be a very sad day if they ever stopped making them.

It was the very first product that Nagra made and they started because Stefan Kudelski (then still a student) won the very first International Amateur Recording Contest with a recorder that he made himself and Swiss Radio were so impressed that they asked him to make some for them - and so Nagra started...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Because when someone like you, who has long-standing ties to Nagra, says things like “Nagra has become a Hi-fi company.”, I take you at your word. And if that really is the strategy, it’s hard to see where there will be room for the recorders, especially if the revenue isn’t there, which it probably isn’t, at least compared to the hi-fi line.

On the other hand, Nagra not making a recorder would be like Land Rover no longer making 4x4s. The recorders are icons of their corporate identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Not sure why you mention the word "discontinue?"

Nagra never said that. I never said it.

They feature the machines in all their promos.

Last edited by bwanajim; 1 week ago at 08:19 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Their recorders are reassuringly featured as playback devices in demonstrations of their hifi gear at audiophile shows and similar. They seem to like the start-to-end marketing notion - it’s certainly something that not many other manufacturers can boast.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Mentioning discontinue is akin to starting a rumor.

The top top management of the company and the owner told me in person that recorders will always have pride of place.

Because the company is highly capable, all the product lines, including their biggest business, “security,” can coexist while they address each market with expertise.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Nagra just uploaded this on Youtube:
YouTube
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Thanks Plush. That’s good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Mentioning discontinue is akin to starting a rumor.

The top top management of the company and the owner told me in person that recorders will always have pride of place.

Because the company is highly capable, all the product lines, including their biggest business, “security,” can coexist while they address each market with expertise.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

although nagra has been struggeling a bit in recent months/years (not for the first time/as reported in the financial press), we should be glad that they are willing to cross-finance our beloved line of über toys - and obviously have plans to keep on doing so!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I noticed that the touch screen and main screen layout were quite different on the new 7 vs. the older Seven and wondering if it will be possible to upgrade to the new screen. Maybe Nagra will offer an update but they seem to forget about older models when a newer one comes out. Most times any emails that I sent to them were unanswered, great customer service!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vunz View Post
YouTube
The fat plosives around 00:13 is a real kick in the marbles.. Am I expecting too much from the world?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd270 View Post
I noticed that the touch screen and main screen layout were quite different on the new 7 vs. the older Seven and wondering if it will be possible to upgrade to the new screen. Maybe Nagra will offer an update but they seem to forget about older models when a newer one comes out. Most times any emails that I sent to them were unanswered, great customer service!
The screen interface does not seem to be any different from my Seven (which I bought about a year ago).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vunz View Post
YouTube
The subtext seems to be: "We're still here, we've been benchmark-setters for a long time, we don't have any new products on the horizon...but what we do produce (and will continue to do so) is still top-shelf recording equipment...and we have no plans to shut down"

The hidden subtext might be: 'We've been watching all this Zoom and SD lower-priced gear erode into our sales in recent years, but frankly...they're welcome to that end of the market. While the overall market continues to grow, we believe our position at the top of the ladder is assured for some time to come yet'.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I watched the video again and the main screen looks less cluttered then on my Seven which is about 3 1/2 years old.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd270 View Post
I watched the video again and the main screen looks less cluttered then on my Seven which is about 3 1/2 years old.
Have you installed the latest software (v 2.1.1)?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks Vunz, don't have the latest update installed, maybe that will update the main screen too.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I wrote to Nagra but did not get a response. If anyone knows when the VII will be available, please share.
THANKS!
AB
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search