The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Focusrite MP8R sound quality Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Focusrite MP8R sound quality

I’m curious whether anyone has used both the Grace m108 and the focusrite MP8R. I’ve got one Grace, and I’m looking to add 2 more 8 channel Pres to my rig. Most of what I do is location recording of “classical” ensembles consisting of brass and percussion.

I am moving my rig over to dante, so I’m interested in 8 channel dante interfaces.

Any thoughts on the sound quality of the MP8R would be most appreciated.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Hi Mike,

I've used the Grace 802 and the Rednet 4 for classical music. So almost what you're asking, while not actually being that close... In a head to head, me and another engineer could identify a difference, and both preferred the Grace. Another large grain of salt: this was on a solo viola concert. Kinda the opposite of brass and percussion.

Another anecdote for you; A conservatory on the east cost chose the m108s over the focusrite for their new building, when they had been using the rednet stuff in the old buildings.

Cheers!

Last edited by VillageOp; 2 weeks ago at 11:43 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Exactly the kind of info I was looking for!

Thanks very much!
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageOp View Post
Hi Mike,

I've used the Grace 802 and the Rednet 4 for classical music. So almost what you're asking, while not actually being that close... In a head to head, me and another engineer could identify a difference, and both preferred the Grace. Another large grain of salt: this was on a solo viola concert. Kinda the opposite of brass and percussion.

Another anecdote for you; A conservatory on the east cost chose the m108s over the focusrite for their new building, when they had been using the rednet stuff in the old buildings.

Cheers!
Old 2 weeks ago
I really do think that the Grace is more squarely aimed at the OP's needs.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

It sounds that way.

By the way, I’ve found your comments in the dante threads very helpful. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMetzinger View Post
I really do think that the Grace is more squarely aimed at the OP's needs.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search