The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best way to do this on location? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Best way to do this on location?

If I have a Nagra Seven, and recording stereo, but need to mic the MC, what could I use to attach to the podium (a digital microphone that is wireless) and can input that into the AES/EBU input of tge Nagra Seven, sum it with the other two microphones so I can in essence have a 3 track recorder? I do not have the luxury to run a cable.

Second question, if I wanted to use 4 mics for the recording, what digital stereo pair could I do the sane?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

I’m not sure what’s out there for a wireless microphone with an AES/EBU output to go into the Nagra 7.

I could only suggest using a wireless microphone on the podium, and a small mixer into the inputs of the Nagra 7. To the best of my knowledge the Nagra 7 only records to two tracks so a mixer might be a good way of controlling the MC level during the performance.

A simpler alternative would be to unplug/replug one of the stereo mics and swap with the MC mic, but that’s messy (physically and audibly) and assumes there is going to be enough time before and after the MC speaking to do the changeover.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Hire a small mixer or put your array over the MC and offset if required
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

akg does a (still somewhat 'affordable') wireless mic system with a aes output on the receiver - many of the newer (but very expensive) manufacturers have aes and/or dante outputs in addition to analog outputs.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Do you have a name or link?
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search