The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DPA 6060, a 3mm lav!!
Old 14th September 2018
DPA 6060, a 3mm lav!!

DPA Delivers Exquisite Sound With Its Tiniest Ever Microphone Capsules

The new 3 mm Subminiature Headset and Lavalier Microphone from DPA Microphone

It is teeny tiny!

YouTube

Allen Lee Williams III ("Sound Speeds") has published his review of the DPA's d:screet 6060: YouTube
Old 14th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
DPA Delivers Exquisite Sound With Its Tiniest Ever Microphone Capsules

The new 3 mm Subminiature Headset and Lavalier Microphone from DPA Microphone

It is teeny tiny!

YouTube

Allen Lee Williams III ("Sound Speeds") has published his review of the DPA's d:screet 6060: YouTube
Okay, but if this is their touted "game changer," they jumped the shark.

Microphone technology is general is ripe for a whole new way of collecting sound, so color me nonplussed.

They just rubbed me the wrong way with my number one pet peeve: a youtube video that talks about a microphone for [x] minutes and doesn't demo the actual audio from the mic. They do have samples on their site but it doesn't sound great.
Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear
Full samples are on the site ,with all placements
Noise floor of 24-26 dB (A) is never going to please music recordists, but size reduction is helpful for concealment
Lets hope they are robust and can survive handling by Actors having a strop.....
My 4060s were occasionally beheaded by Thesps ripping them off.
Old 14th September 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by szegedin View Post
They just rubbed me the wrong way with my number one pet peeve: a youtube video that talks about a microphone for [x] minutes and doesn't demo the actual audio from the mic. They do have samples on their site but it doesn't sound great.
Listen to the comparisons that Allen gave in the video I shared above.
Old 14th September 2018
These look pretty great. The specs are on point to the 406x mics, so they should integrate very well with other DPA microphones.

For my purposes, these will be desirable if the price point does not exceed the 406x line of mics and for the sake of hiding lav mics on actors. If they cost more than the 406x mics, then I will keep doing what I do and not buy into them, most likely.

FWIW, to my ears, the DPA 4060/ 4061 sounds noticeably better than all the other likely candidates for lav mics on talent. And they are the only lav mics I would use for live music, live music recording or studio recording. They are not just the best lav mics to my ears, but are indeed great all around microphones as far as I am concerned.

So again, the good news is these 6060 mics, according to the specs, will fit right in with the existing DPA mic line.

I do agree these are NOT game changing, UNLESS you routinely hide microphones on actors in difficult situations because the 4060 mic capsules are just a little large/ a little difficult to hide sometimes when compared to the Countryman B6. Indeed, I am forced to guess DPA intended to make a competitive microphone for the B6.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search