The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Zoom's New LiveTrak L-20
Old 2nd June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourtelot View Post
Raise your hands if you would feel comfy recording your jobs with sixty dollar preamps.

D.
.....and raise your hands if you can hear a difference (blindfold, of course) once you play back your multitrack between the zoom pres and your grace or whatever other e$$pen$ive preamps (other than maybe a DAV just because well thats sooo coloured...)

in 2019, this zoom L-12 or 20 series is def. Steps Ahead of its toyish siblings of previous generations.....
Old 3rd June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzop View Post
.....and raise your hands if you can hear a difference (blindfold, of course) once you play back your multitrack between the zoom pres and your grace or whatever other e$$pen$ive preamps (other than maybe a DAV just because well thats sooo coloured...)

in 2019, this zoom L-12 or 20 series is def. Steps Ahead of its toyish siblings of previous generations.....
Old 3rd June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumleymusic View Post
...so so, blind shootout looming?

Honestly that would be awesome, anyone with a Livetrack and other more €¥£$ preamps care to try it?

Make sure to gain stage properly
Old 16th August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourtelot View Post
Okay, but I am not raising my hand.

D.
Indeed, why bother—just carry on giggling at the back of the class if that's your thing.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I have the HD16, and it was always a pain to get the drum mix which would basically use the whole board, so I ended up doing a 8 channel into stereo and have direct in on snare and bass, giving us 4 XLR tracks to add other instruments. The L20 solved that problem, but added another dimension with its "AI" meaning stupid presets that assume you are recording a live show, and so are active out of the box, like "when db reaches 0db start recording." The manual just shows you the parts and purpose so it has proved frustrating getting to know the new tech.

The iPad app is cool which means I can wire the device to all instruments (cable lengths) and still retreat to control room to hear the mix. So far I think its an improvement with better pre-amps, but I did have to send my original back due to short circuiting on the board.

Jeffo
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search