The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags:

New import duties on US audio gear in the EU Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
Couldn't agree more....do folks buy 'em just because they're loud ?
Actually, yes. It is easy not to see them, but not easy not to hear them.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

For what it's worth, I don't see anything in this document, or inclusion of any tariff codes, that would apply to any of the products made by my company, or a whole lot of my friends' and colleagues' companies. The tariff codes we use are not included at all. 8543.7006 seems to cover any digital audio processors you might be thinking of, but all-analog boxes generally fall into other sections, including 8543.7096 (not included in this document) or the 8518 categories (also not included). This might seem arbitrary and unfair, but remember these categories are established at a level of oversight that's utterly unaware of what a gearslut needs to indulge his or her gearsluttiness or gearsluttitude. They didn't intentionally favor analog(ue) gear over digital gear, but the effect is the same: You Europeans have been given a strong financial incentive to return to your roots. Buy analogue gear today!

I might also mention that the import tariff structure is based entirely on declared country of origin, which is a complicated topic but is ultimately determined for each product beforehand by the manufacturer. If their paperwork is in order and they declare the product to be substantially of US origin, these tariffs would apply. If they validly declare a product to be of some other origin, the tariffs would not apply.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourtelot View Post
My 1989 Volvo station wagon sounds a bit like a Harley. Do I have cause to worry?
Yes, you do.

If your Volvo sounds like a Harley, there is obviously something wrong with it!

...In fact, you should immediately pull over to the side of the road, and call for assistance!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ax7 View Post
Yes, you do.

If your Volvo sounds like a Harley, there is obviously something wrong with it!

...In fact, you should immediately pull over to the side of the road, and call for assistance!
I fixed it. Just a little hole in the muffler. I put some Gaff-tape on it and it's all good.

D.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourtelot View Post
I fixed it. Just a little hole in the muffler. I put some Gaff-tape on it and it's all good.

D.

For 5 minutes until the gaffer tape burns off.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search