The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags:

Primacoustic London
Old 9th June 2018
Lives for gear

Primacoustic London

Hey I have the primacoustic London kit and I just moved into a new house and I’m renting I can’t impale the walls lol. Any suggestions on how to hang these things? I don’t need them very high on the walls
Old 10th June 2018
Lives for gear

Ah, impale the walls. They won't know 'til you move out.

D.
Old 10th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourtelot View Post
Ah, impale the walls. They won't know 'til you move out.

D.
I'm sure your landlord/rental service didn't say anything about impala-ing the ceiling ? If you attach 50 pound fishing line to the panels (imagine it's a picture frame) and then put the attaching cup hook or similar very close to the intersection between ceiling and wall, it will be nigh invisible...and simple to patch/smooth/re-paint the tiny hole when you depart.

I don't think the panels require rigid attachment to the walls...it's more about location than coupling ?
Old 12th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studer58 View Post
I'm sure your landlord/rental service didn't say anything about impala-ing the ceiling ? If you attach 50 pound fishing line to the panels (imagine it's a picture frame) and then put the attaching cup hook or similar very close to the intersection between ceiling and wall, it will be nigh invisible...and simple to patch/smooth/re-paint the tiny hole when you depart.

I don't think the panels require rigid attachment to the walls...it's more about location than coupling ?
I’ve never thought about that great idea!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Hi there - how did you end up mounting your kit? I'm in a similar position to you regarding this! Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFace View Post
Hi there - how did you end up mounting your kit? I'm in a similar position to you regarding this! Thanks
Melvin...the Tame Impaler ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I can confirm that heavy duty Velcro worts wonderfully
Old 6 days ago
Also tall stands (think microphone stands) with clips. FWIW One of the coolest and simplest setups I have seen the person ran a 2" wooden molding around the top of the room, hollow out the top of the moldings and used "molding hooks" for the cables to support the panels. He painted the molding to match the room and it looked GREAT and he could move the panels around if needed. These are the hooks he used https://www.amazon.com/Molding-Hooks...+hanging&psc=1

ps He got permission from his landlord first. The landlord was cool with the changes because it made the room look better.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search