The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acon Digital DeVerberate 2 Reverb Reduction Tool Noise Reduction & Restoration Plugins
Old 28th May 2018
Lives for gear
Acon Digital DeVerberate 2 Reverb Reduction Tool

As many a post here is concerned with the imprint of "too small a room" upon recordings, could this be the answer ?

https://www.emusician.com/gear/acon-deverberate2

Here is a sample of the treatment: segment from 'In the Hall of the Mountain King'

Before.... https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/i...in-king-before

After....... https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/i...ain-king-after

While this may not be convincing in itself, I'm sure it shows promise .... the 'Before' ambience is actually quite attractive in itself !

Edit: the HHB and StaffPad before/afters are much closer to the 'small room removal' imperative (contained as Soundclouds within the Emusician link above)

Last edited by studer58; 28th May 2018 at 01:35 PM..
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Maniac

I actually bought this a couple of weeks ago to reduce the amount of echo from some dialogue I recorded in a reverberant church. It worked pretty well. If you take out too much echo you start getting artifacts (which you can remove to some extent within the plugin), but I was able to substantially improve the recording.

There are a few demo videos on Acon Digital's site that show you how to use it; the online help isn't very helpful.

I also bought Acon's Restoration Suite in the hopes that its declick tool could remove some strange and inexplicable clicking noises that appeared near the end of the recording. That wasn't quite as successful but I'm still playing with it.
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Head

Izotope also had a module in RXAdvanced that does this. Mileage will vary. It takes some tweaking. I have used it on dialogue many times but would be hesitant to use on my precious music.
Old 30th May 2018
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Bought DeVerberate 2 today after trying the demo. I had a talk to mix today and there was quite a bit of echo from the room. I tried out DeVerberate 2 on this and was very surprised that after a small amount of tweaking I was able to pretty much get rid of all the echo without any artifacts! Very impressed with this so far
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Bought DeVerberate 2 today after trying the demo. I had a talk to mix today and there was quite a bit of echo from the room. I tried out DeVerberate 2 on this and was very surprised that after a small amount of tweaking I was able to pretty much get rid of all the echo without any artifacts! Very impressed with this so far
I'm glad to hear that, thanks for the kind words!
We created a little video to demonstrate the new early reflections filter a couple of days ago: YouTube

Best,
Stian
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search