The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What mic pre for Orchestral recordings? Multi-Channel Preamps
Old 8th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
you keep repeating the same thing over and over as soon as things are just an inch outside of your comfort zone - will you ever accept that there are other ways of doing things quite successfully and differently from the techniques used in the past?!
Who are you talking about???? Post is unclear.
Old 8th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Who are you talking about???? Post is unclear.
i though plush's comment was aimed at my technique - i was obviously wrong

(from my original post: "should i be wrong with my interpretation, let me know and i will edit/delete some of my posts")

Last edited by deedeeyeah; 9th August 2018 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: edited for clarification
Old 8th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
i cannot interpret plush's very short comment in any other way than as a very negative rating of what i had written before.

i'm not having a problem with other people doing things differently (regardless of whether their approach is more mainstream and mine - in their opinion - is more exotic), but i would expect anybody contributing on this plattform to weight in with solid arguments and not with derogatory terms.

should i be wrong with my interpretation, let me know and i will edit/delete some of my posts (yet i'd still be amazed that these tensions keep coming up with the same 2 or 3 posters here repeatedly)
I guess some people have their own way of doing things and think it is the best way because that is the way they do it. I am always learning new ways of doing things. I love this forum because I find out about new equipment and new ideas. One thing that the whole of GS suffers from is a lot of people don't seem to have any patience with someone questioning their approach or their equipment. This forum is not as bad as the Mastering Forum where if you say anything six people will jump down your throat simultaneously just for asking a question.

I guess we need more "chill' and less "shouting" overall <GRIN>
Old 8th August 2018
Lives for gear

well said!

(funny you mention the mastering forum as a sometimes hostile environment: since i have been doing various things for many years and i'm interested in what's going on in these different fields, i also dig in the live sound forum regularly - so far i though that this would have been the largest swamp for alligators...)
Old 9th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
you keep repeating the same thing over and over as soon as things are just an inch outside of your comfort zone - will you ever accept that there are other ways of doing things quite successfully and differently from the techniques used in the past?!
Sorry, I think we have a misunderstanding. My comment was not made to denigrate your way of working. Rather, the word nightmare was used to describe the troubles with the errant software. (the one that never should have been released.)
Old 9th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Sorry, I think we have a misunderstanding. My comment was not made to denigrate your way of working. Rather, the word nightmare was used to describe the troubles with the errant software. (the one that never should have been released.)
thx for clarification and i apologize for false accusation/misinterpretation - i'll adjust/delete some my posts accordingly and i'm asking other contributors to do so as well (so we can get rid of all the shouting)

on the topic of digital format: you're often using nagras to record? when recording with more mics, would you want to reveal what digital format you are then using? or are you stacking nagras?

Last edited by deedeeyeah; 9th August 2018 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 9th August 2018
Lives for gear

Several good advanced set ups are used for multi-track here. PrismSound converters into a laptop running Boom Recorder @192 has been rock solid with superb conversion sound.

Recently added Sonosax SX-R4+ and Sonosax SX-AD8+ for 12-16 channels of incredible sound. 135dB dynamic range. New Sonosax mic preamps are very good and appealing.

Higher track counts see us collaborating with a colleague who has a Pmix Masscore set up with multiple Hapi units. I rent it from him with his expertise to run the system while I do a mix from Pmix outputs.

Editing is done in SADiE and also in the incredible Sequioa 14.

In former years had a dCS dsd recording set up. When Tony F. dumped his dsd set up, so did I.

Last edited by Plush; 9th August 2018 at 04:11 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search