The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tags: ,

Advise on carrying-solutions? (field-recording) Condenser Microphones
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

Question Advise on carrying-solutions? (field-recording)

Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advise on backpacks and/or other audio flexible/mobile carrying solutions.

My new gear (still to be delivered): SD MixPre 6, MKH8040 stereo set in Rycote windshield, MKH8070 in Rycote windshield, 2 x Aquarian H2a, cables, batteries, small boompole, small lightweight mic stand, mixing bag for mixpre6, raincovers and jammers for all windhields, raincover for mixing bag + lunch, water and cookies :-)

I'll be doing all kinds of field recordings in nature, cities, zoo's, aquatic recordings, industrial recordings. (I work for a kids books publisher, I do sounddesign and music for hearplays/radio-drama's and books with sound-fx- we want to use our own unique sounds as much as possible)

Sometimes I'll be able to park my car close to the recording spot but sometimes I'll have to go by bike or on foot.
Today I tested the Orca backpack range. Not bad but I have to combine a backpack with a boompole-bag to be able to take everything with me. I would put the 8070 suspended in the windshield in the boompole-bag together with the small boompole. Most of the other things would go in a large or medium backpack. This might be a solution but it is quite bulky, heavy and not so bike-friendly.
I want to be as flexible as possible.

So any thoughts, experiences, tips are very welcome.
Thanks!
Old 16th April 2018
Gear Nut

Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
This is a very popular solution for nature recordists and small production film/doc work.

Buy Backpack Cart LG - Matte Black Bag - ZUCA

Combined with a suitable back pack or Pelican style case you are good to go anywhere. It even has a built-in seat!

For customization ideas and inspiration, there is a Facebook Group Zuca Sound Cart Group public group | Facebook
Thanks for the tip. Do you know if this is usable as a trailer for behind a bike?
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
Buy Backpack Cart LG - Matte Black Bag - ZUCA

Combined with a suitable back pack or Pelican style case you are good to go anywhere. It even has a built-in seat![/url]
Funny seeing these pop up here. They're ubiquitous at my local ice skating rink. They make a whole line for skaters. I can confirm they are very stable to sit on.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search